̶(̶ ̶3̶7 ̶)̶

K I N G S   L A N D I N G

𝕴𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊 - 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖘 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖉𝖎𝖉𝖓'𝖙 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖒𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖑 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖎𝖙.

Rose looked down at her dead daughter. This little creature that had been in her stomach for several moons until the stranger decided to take it away from her again.

The silent sisters had prepared their daughter to be handed over to the stranger. The silent sisters were responsible for dressing and preparing dead bodies for funeral rites. Rose had watched the women preparing her daughter for handover, silent and tired, still unaware of the reality.

"You'd better leave the room, my lady," recommended the septon who attended the procedure.

"It is not advisable to stand in the face of the stranger."

But Rose had just looked at him and turned away again to focus on her daughter. She wouldn't leave her child alone. She wouldn't let her down. She owed her that. She had been unable to protect her but she wouldn't leave her alone in her final hours.

The Septon accepted her decision. He supervised the Silent Sisters as they performed several rituals before making all the preparations and leaving the room. She was left alone with her daughter and Rose spent her time standing in front of the burial site and staring down at her child. Her innocent, pitiful child. Life hadn't even given her a chance. She wanted to hold her in her arms, order the gods to give her back to her, to exchange her life for her if possible, but no matter how much this thought comforted her, it did not correspond to reality.

Her babe was dead and would stay it.

When Rose heard footsteps behind her, she didn't turn around. She knew immediately who was there. She had recognized it by his footsteps and when she breathed in his scent, she was sure. He had returned to her.