̶(̶ ̶0̶6̶ ̶)̶

D R A G O N S T O N E

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝕽𝖍𝖆𝖊𝖓𝖞𝖗𝖆 𝕿𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖆𝖗𝖞𝖊𝖓 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖉𝖆𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖑𝖘𝖔 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖙 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖋.

A part of herself.

It was a feeling she would never forget.

A knife thrust that never healed and kept hitting the wound it had once left.

This powerlessness, this ignorance, was unbearable. It taunted her every day, hitting her again and again.

She had lost a child once before.

Her stillborn girl was the second.

Lucerys was not allowed to become the third.

It was like a slap in the face when they had brought her the news that they were holding Lucerys captive. Not only were they stealing her throne, they were stealing her son.

Rhaenyra knew she shouldn't favor a child, a mother didn't, but everything about Luke reminded Rhaenyra of her lost child, her poor girl, out there somewhere alone, without her.

When Lucerys was young, her little boy was always afraid. He had always clung to her skirt and blinked out from there when he thought it was safe. A trait he had developed only after Aemma was gone.

The absence of his shadow haunted her. She clung to Aegon, bouncing him on her hip and kissing the top of his white-blond hair as he pressed against her, small fists knotted into the heavy black fabric that stretched across her breasts.

Aegon was now as old as Aemma had been then.

Rhaenyra pushed away the despair and fixed her pale gaze firmly on the painted table lit with fire.