̶(̶ ̶3̶5̶ ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

𝕳𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖆 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌. 

You didn't have to earn it, you were entitled to it and yet every man strived for it and only a few reached it. That feeling that everyone called happiness.

Aemond didn't consider himself a happy man, but Rose brought him a lot closer to that feeling. The past events had shown him how much he loved this woman, how much he needed her and that he would do anything for her to make her feel better. He wouldn't hesitate to burn the entire empire if it meant she and the child were safe. He would give his own life for her.

Aemond stared at Ser Criston, who at that moment was calling on several of the Kingsguard to be more careful and not allow anyone into the castle who had not been carefully examined beforehand. They had to be careful because the enemy was not sleeping. Ser Criston proved to be a competent man who not only had experience on the battlefield, but also had strategic thinking. The new attacks on their troops had awakened both him and Aemond, and they were painfully reminded that there was no time to waste. Rhaenyra gained strength and dragons as they waited like stupid, naive children for her to take their toys.

Aemond would not allow Rhaenyra to take away everything that was their birthright.

That woman brought nothing but mischief. Everything she touched was destroyed. They didn't care about rules, traditions, law. Everything she did, she did for herself and her obsession with power. She had even managed to persuade her own father to appoint her as heir to the throne, even though tradition and law were on the side of his true heir. She had managed to persuade Viserys to see her on the throne rather than his true heirs. A bitter taste arose in his mouth as his thoughts returned to his father. He had tried not to think about him. His lack of affection and love had marked him at a young age, made him realize that he was always only the second choice and no matter how hard he tried, he had never been able to take on Rhaenyra. Not even with their children. Although everyone knew that their children were bastards, and Aemond was sure that even the late King knew, he had always denied and ignored this obviousness. His lack of love had made it clear to him that he would never be good enough.