̶(̶ ̶3̶2̶ ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

𝕬𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖉'𝖘 𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖍𝖚𝖘𝖎𝖆𝖘𝖒 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖆𝖘 𝖑𝖆𝖉𝖞-𝖎𝖓-𝖜𝖆𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖒𝖎𝖙𝖊𝖉

"You were with Aegon?" he asked her and Rose was surprised by the question. She told him that she was suddenly a lady-in-waiting, without any noble title, and the only thing he cared about was that she was with Aegon.

"Yes, he called me over."

"Why did you go?"

"Because he's the king?" Rose asked him like he was an idiot, and her answer and tone made Aemond's eyebrows furrow in annoyance. What was his problem?

"I don't want you to visit Aegon again."

Rose looked at him irritated. "When he orders it, then I can't refuse."

Rose put the book aside. She practiced every free hour and she had to admit, she had more than enough of it. Aemond had been away all day and Dyana and Alys had other obligations besides keeping her busy. That meant a lot of time for Rose.

She smoothed down her green dress. Since she wore such beautiful clothes, she was much more afraid of getting dirty. She wanted to make a good impression. She couldn't help but wonder what Dyana and Alys would say to Aegon suddenly making her a lady-in-waiting. Would they make fun of it? Would they suddenly treat her differently? Did this appointment even make sense? It still felt so surreal. As if everything was a dream that she couldn't wake up from.

"You can and you will," Aemond ordered, but instead of pure sternness, he sounded more like a petulant child. She stood up and walked over to him to take his hand in hers.

"Do not you trust me?" She tilted her head to the side and looked at him. He avoided her gaze at first before settling on her face. His expression warmed and he placed his hand on her cheek.