̶(̶ ̶78 ̶)̶

H A R R E N H A L

A𝖊𝖒𝖒𝖆 V𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖞𝖔𝖓 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖊v𝖊d 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖘𝖚𝖕𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖊v𝖊d 𝖎𝖓 𝖋𝖆𝖙𝖊.

She believed that she was in this world for a reason, that everything happened with a plan and was predetermined. However, that didn't mean she understood what the plan was about. She didn't understand why she grew up without her mother, without her family, she didn't understand why Lucerys, Dyana and Marax had to die, even though there were many bad people who deserved it more than these good souls. She didn't understand why her little daughter had been taken away from her and she didn't understand why she was apparently plagued by bad luck.

But she didn't want to be ungrateful. She was equally happy to be healthy. Having found her family again and also having Aemond, even if their relationship was anything but easy.

"Any other complaints?"

Aemma looked at the maester looking at her wounds, clearly pleased with what he saw. Well, at least one who was happy.

She grimaced. "The wounds itch and I keep feeling sick, but other than that I can't complain."

"Sick?

"Yes. I feel nauseous often."

"Nausea?" The maester frowned, causing Aemma to do the same.

"Yes? Why?" she asked uncertainly. "Something wrong?"

The maester tilted his head.

"Not really," he began hesitantly. "But the nausea has been going on for too long. Your wounds are healing admirably, but nausea at this point is strange. Are you stressed at the moment, Princess?"

At the moment? She was in constant stress.

"Well, the last few weeks have been very stressful."

"Hmm, I think so."