̶(̶ ̶81 ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

𝕴𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖆 𝖉𝖆𝖗k 𝖉𝖆y 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍is 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖒 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝕵𝖔𝖋𝖋𝖗𝖊y V𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖞𝖔𝖓 d𝖎𝖊d

And another dark day, because Aemma had no choice but to look down on the events from her window, in the room in which she had been locked, knowing full well that she was not wanted there.

"Your mother has had a hard time, Princess," Mysaria said softly behind her, approaching her, her eyes still on the fire lit by Baela's dragon, Moondancer. "She lost her son and almost lost another."

Aemma leaned her head against the wall and closed her eyes. She was tired because she hadn't slept a second since she arrived. She felt weak, drained and misunderstood. Her mother had her locked up and two days had now passed in which Aemma was isolated from everything and everyone. 

She hadn't had a chance to explain anything to anyone.

Mysaria was the first person she spoke to since she arrived.

"She didn't even give me a chance," Aemma replied bitterly, the fire burning Joffrey's lifeless body reflected in her eyes. Her mother had seized her as soon as she landed with Jacaerys. Only yesterday she had learned of Joffrey's death. Her innocent little brother had died because he fought for his mother's rights. Once again Rhaenyra had lost a child and once again it had happened through betrayal.

"She will talk to you when the time comes."

"And during that time I'm supposed to wait here and do nothing?"

"Your mother is no longer the same, Princess Aemma."

Aemma turned around in surprise and looked into Mysaria's pitying eyes. Something else could be seen that she couldn't place.