̶(̶ ̶29 ̶)̶ PART TWO

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

"𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖌𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖕𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗."

"Various men of the Kingsguard have joined as well as men of the Night's Watch. Traitors, oathbreakers, it doesn't surprise me that they are joining the Black Queen. A bullshit name!," Wylde spit. "They must all be beheaded, hanged. They are not worthy of an honorable death."

"Is there any news from Dorne?" Lannister asked and all eyes turned to Otto, who shook his head bitterly.

"Dorne will not take sides."

"Hmm, I guess they're hoping we'll tear each other apart."

"Well, as long as they don't support the princess."

"House Stark has spoken out in favor of Rhaenyra. But our men have not yet seen any mobilization of the Northman army."

"Winter is coming," Lannister said. "Lord Stark is aware of this. What do the Northmen always say? 'The tunic is closer to me than the trousers'?"

"And Harrenhall?" asked Aemond and all eyes turned to Lord Larys. 

"Harrenhall is strong. Our walls are sturdy. We are prepared for the attacks of the blacks."

"Well, but you can't do anything against their dragons, right, Lord Larys? Harrenhall doesn't have a good history of dragonfire." Lord Lannister loved to test those around him. But he had chosen the wrong opponent.

Larys just smiled at Lannister's provocation. "I guess no big house has that, right? And the ones that have been spared so far could burn quicker than we'd like."

Aemond watched the spectacle, but his mind was elsewhere. They were with Helaena and her words and with the woman who haunted him day and night.

A tentative knock on the door interrupted his thoughts. Otto allowed entry and an old man, past his prime, stumbled in.

"Your Grace, please excuse the interruption," the maester began, bowing to Aemond, who was sitting at the table with his mother and grandfather, as well as Larys Strong and Tyland Lannister, discussing possible strategies in the fight against the self-proclaimed queen.

"Can't you see we're having a conversation, Maester?" Lannister interjected and he saw his mother roll her eyes out of the corner of his eye. This man really liked to hear himself talk.

"Forgive me, but the Prince Regent has instructed me to contact him immediately if there are... complications."

"Complications?" Alicent repeated. "Which type?"