̶(̶ ̶0̶5̶ ̶)̶

K I N G S   L A N D I N G

𝕽𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖋𝖊𝖑𝖙 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖆 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞 𝖇𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖇𝖊𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖉 𝖇𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖍 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖔𝖑𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖘𝖚𝖇𝖏𝖊𝖈𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕬𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖉. 

She was not happy that she was now serving the prince, but someone in her position had neither a say nor a choice. The high lordships did what they wanted with people like her. 

Who cared about the needs of a simple girl?

She had hoped that Daeron would object, claim her for himself, but the only thing he did utter was his amazement. Otherwise, he had remained silent, leaving her to her fate.

Rose didn't know exactly what she had expected when it was said that she was now at Aemond's disposal, but she certainly hadn't thought of merely cleaning up his chambers. She felt useless. 

Rose had a curious nature and was quite adaptable in fixing a number of things. It was not an adjustment for the prince to work. It was just something she would have preferred to avoid.

"My prince," she greeted Aemond as he stepped into his room without announcement. She jumped up and bowed.

Rose fell into the most superficial politeness that decency would allow. She hoped, if she kept her eyes down and appeared almost mute, that he would stop showering her with death threats. Her mother had taught her early on that there was nothing more teachable for a servant than the ability to remain inconspicuous. Her hope died when she looked up again and his blue eye studied her.