̶(̶ ̶2̶8 ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

𝕬𝖊𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌. 𝕳𝖊 𝖉𝖎𝖉𝖓'𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖆𝖗 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖊𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖎𝖉𝖓'𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖜𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖔𝖎𝖓𝖙 𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞𝖔𝖓𝖊.

But here he was again. Back to being a disappointment. The look in his mother's eyes made it clear. He would always be a disappointment. No matter how hard he worked, no matter how hard he tried, it was never enough.

He watched as the new servant, whose name he didn't know, poured water into his cup and Aegon grimaced disdainfully.

"What am I supposed to do with that?" he asked and the servant flinched. She looked at him in surprise.

"My king, you are awake? Forgive me, did I wake you?"

He shook his head. Even this simple movement hurt him. "I keep waking up for no reason. The more important question is why you are filling my wine cup with water?"

The woman looked at him irritated. "In case you get thirsty?"

"It seems to me that your pretty head can't follow me. I want to know why there's water and no wine in it."

Realization came to her face.

"The maester said you're not allowed to have wine."

Aegon snorted and made a noise that sounded like a laugh.

"And the maester is who compared to your king?" He raised his eyebrow and she seemed to understand. She nodded humbly and poured the water back into the jug. Then she went to the wine jug and filled his cup. "More," he ordered and she looked at him, but she said nothing and followed his command. She handed him the cup and he drank it in just a few gulps. Then he pointed to the cup again. "Once again."