̶(̶ ̶2̶2̶ ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

𝖂𝖍𝖊𝖓 𝕯𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖓 𝕿𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖆𝖗𝖞𝖊𝖓 𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝕶𝖎𝖓𝖌'𝖘 𝕷𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌, 𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖊𝖝𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘.

His brother Aemond with the conqueror's crown on his head was not one of them. As he stepped down from his dragon, he looked dumbfounded at his mother, who welcomed him, dressed as always in green. She smiled, but her smile did not reach her eyes.

Aemond stood a little further off, with Ser Criston Cole and his grandsire Otto beside him, who seemed to be discussing something. As Daeron came closer, they suddenly fell silent and the young prince drew his eyebrows together.

"Daeron, my boy," Otto greeted him, but Daeron had his gaze fixed on Aemond.

"What has happened? Is my brother Aegon dead?" he asked in a weak voice, and Alicent put a hand on his shoulder reassuringly.

"Do not be alarmed, Daeron. Aegon is being cared for by the best maesters in the realm."

"What is his condition?"

"Concerning but he has improved."

"Can I see him?"

He had never had much connection with his brothers or his sister, but he loved them nonetheless. He loved each and every one of his family so much that he would die for them.

His mother shook his head. "He won't see anyone but me." Her voice was bitter. She seemed changed. The war was leaving its mark on her.

Daeron looked to Aemond, to be more precise at his crown, who commented on his look with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you have something to say, brother?" Aemond's tone was challenging. 

Come on, say it, lay in it, but Daeron was not one who liked to pick fights. He preferred to be silent, to not let his thoughts bubble out.