̶(̶ ̶4̶5 ̶)̶

D R A G O N S T O N E

𝕽𝖍𝖆𝖊𝖓𝖞𝖗𝖆 𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖘 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖔𝖔𝖗, 𝖋𝖚𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖚𝖘.

Daemon looked at Corlys, who exchanged a knowing look with him.

"What have you done Daemon?" she shrieked, unfazed by the presence of Lord Corlys, who put down the document he was holding.

"Rhaenyra, calm down, we-" he came towards her, his hand raised in reassurance, but his wife angrily slapped it aside.

"Calm down?" Rhaenyra repeated, stunned. She was fuming. He had never seen such anger in her eyes before. Normally she knew how to control herself, but at this moment he wouldn't be surprised if she attacked him.

"Was Rook's Rest just a lie to deceive me?"

"No one deceives you, my Queen," Corlys intervened reassuringly, but his words fell on deaf ears. Rhaenyra looked at him mockingly.

"And why did I just have to find out that Aemma was sent to King's Landing by you?"

Her words didn't surprise Daemon. He had expected it at all times.

"We need information Rhaenyra," he said. "Our enemies are becoming more and more powerful. Aemma was the best choice for this."

"That's why we have our spies, Daemon."

"I know that you don't believe that your daughter can be dangerous to us, but the fact is that she has lived with the enemies almost her entire life. She had to be tested."

"Tested?" Rhaenyra asked in disbelief, looking alternately from Daemon to Corlys. She shook her head. "And it's you who decides, not me? Do you think I'm a fool with whom you can play your games as you please?"

Daemon exchanged a look with Corlys. He saw in his eyes the doubt he had expressed before executing the plan. Daemon had convinced him and like him, Corlys had the same thoughts about Rhaenyra's daughter.