̶(̶ ̶83 ̶)̶

R I V E R L A N D S

R I V E R L A N D S

𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝒜𝑒𝓂𝓂𝒶 𝒶𝓇𝓇𝒾𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 ℛ𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹𝓈, 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓌 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝒶𝒻𝒶𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒷𝓊𝓇𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔

Shocked, she stared down from above, seeing people fleeing in panic from the fire and trying to get to safety. She tried not to stare at the burned corpses as she searched for Aemond. She couldn't believe this was his doing. The Riverlands were known to support Rhaenyra and she refused to believe that he was capable of killing innocent people, but what was before her said otherwise.

It didn't take long for her to find him. First she saw Vhagar, who was always hard to miss, and the lower she flew, the better her eyes were able to register Aemond, who, to her surprise, did not turn around to look at her. Didn't he hear her coming? There was no chance she would remain undetected by him. As she landed on the hill, Vhagar made a threatening sound, which Vermithor was only too happy to return, but neither dragon did anything without his rider's command.

Aemma decided to get off the dragon, ignoring her uneasy feeling and the nervousness that she could barely control.

"I was hoping my uncle would come," Aemond said monotonously without turning around. Aemma got goosebumps all over her body. She was afraid of what was about to happen.

"Instead they sent me my niece."

With these words he turned around and his look was clear: hurt, betrayed, dismissive. He ran his gaze over her, then to Vermithor, who was staring down at him as if he couldn't wait to eat him as a snack.

"Why did you do that?" Aemma asked, and pointed to the fire surrounding them and although she tried not to show her nervousness, the tremor in her voice was clear.

Aemond raised an eyebrow. "I was wondering the same thing," Aemond replied and Aemma's heart skipped a beat. She knew immediately what he was talking about. "I was looking for possible reasons why I would return to Harrenhal and find my dead brother instead of my wife. With the dagger in my chest that I left to her."