̶(̶ ̶86 ̶)̶

K I N G S   L A N D I N G

𝒜𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃𝒹 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓉 𝒰𝓁𝒻 𝒲𝒽𝒾𝓉𝑒'𝓈 𝒸𝑜𝓇𝓅𝓈𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝓇𝒶𝑔𝑜𝓃 𝓃𝑒𝓍𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒽𝒾𝓂 𝓌𝒽𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝑒𝒹 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓃𝓉𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈. 𝒰𝓈𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈.

It wasn't the loss of the bastard, he didn't give a damn about traitors and would have thrown him to Vhagar after the conquest at the very latest. No, it was the loss of a powerful weapon and the knowledge that he had made a mistake again.

His heart began to race and he could feel his blood pulsing. His breathing became quicker and everything in his body tensed. Every muscle, every fiber.

The blacks had lured them into a trap and like a stupid, naive, aimless child he had fallen for it. He had thrown years of lessons and learned warfare aside, blinded by the desire for revenge.

His whole body began to shake with anger.

"Aemond, let's go," Aegon shouted, trying to flee like a coward, but Aemond was no coward. 

He was a Targaryen, and a real Targaryen didn't hide or run away.

He realized that he had nothing left to lose.

Aegon seemed to know from his expression that he had no intention of running away like a dog with his tail between his legs. "Aemond-," he began, but he had no interest in listening to his pathetic whining. Instead, he gave Vhagar the order to attack and at a rapid, breathtaking pace, Vhagar flew steeply towards King's Landing.

He saw that the guards had not expected another attack, noting that they had a gigantic arrow pointed at him.

He heard the first people scream, panicking as they saw him coming.