̶(̶ ̶80 ̶)̶

D R A G O N S T O N E

A𝖊𝖒𝖒𝖆 𝖓𝖊v𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖒𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝖋𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖔𝖓 V𝖊𝖗𝖒𝖎𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗 𝖜𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝖇𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 d𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖔 𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊

She had claimed him to fly to King's Landing with Aemond, to protect him, to support him and not to set everything on fire at the first opportunity. Even if the situation was anything but planned. The only thing that gave her some comfort was the fact that she had saved her brother's life. She regretted being late to save his dragon, a loss she knew would be hard on Jace, but at least she hadn't failed at one thing.

She glanced over her shoulder and when her eyes met Jacaery's hazel eyes, Lucery's eyes, she knew she wouldn't regret it. Her brother was alive, and that was what mattered.

Tell yourself, murderess. You saved your brother while sending another to his death.

Aemma tried to ignore the painful tugging in her chest. This guilt would never leave her. She would always have to live with the fact that she had killed him. Not a nameless enemy. Her best friend. Aemond's brother. Aemma didn't know how to explain it to him. She was responsible for the death of Aemond's brother. Only now did she realize it. She had killed the brother of the man she loved more than anything. He would never forgive her. Daeron was dead and that because of her. Aemond had given her the dagger to defend herself against enemies, not to murder his brother.

She winced as she remembered that Aemond's dagger was still in Daeron's chest, if they hadn't already found him. 

"Are you okay, Aemma?" She looked over her shoulder, but this time not far enough to meet Jaces' eyes. She swallowed and nodded, but obviously he was better at reading her than she was at reading him. "You seem changed."