̶(̶ ̶2̶7 ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

𝕿𝖜𝖔 𝖒𝖊𝖓 𝖈𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖑𝖞 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖔𝖔𝖐 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖒𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖑.

Before her sat Larys Strong, Jasper Wylde, Tyland Lannister, Grand Maester Orwyle, Dowager Queen Alicent, and last but not least Hand of the King Otto Hightower. The latter was the only one standing.

The only person present besides her who was not part of the small council was Ser Criston Cole.

Those present were all familiar to her, after all, she had worked here. But the only one she had spoken to more than a word was Aemond's mother, who was the only one not to look at her disparagingly. Rose wouldn't call the look particularly friendly either, but it didn't have judgment in it like the others did.

"You can go. Close the door behind you," Otto ordered, and the guards obeyed immediately.

Otto looked at her. His gaze was unpleasant.

"Why am I here?" she asked.

"You speak when you are called upon, woman. You lack respect, too," Jasper Wylde spat snidely. He looked at her as if she was worth nothing in his eyes. Presumably, she was.

"Lord Wylde, it's all right," Otto interjected. "The girl is certainly still a bit.... confused."

Confused? What was he talking about.

"Well, anyone who spends time with the enemy will certainly have plenty to talk about," Lannister interjected, letting his gaze slide down her.

Rose swallowed. So you knew that she had spent the time with Princess Rhaenyra? Well, Aemond had certainly mentioned it, why shouldn't he? He had no reason to protect her in any way. He had made his dislike for her more than clear.

"That was certainly quite a burden as a loyal subject of King Aegon II."

She looked to Otto. "How did you end up there?"