̶(̶ ̶71 ̶)̶

"F𝖔𝖗 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖒𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖑y 𝖙𝖔 𝖈𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝖔𝖋𝖋 𝖔𝖓𝖊'𝖘 𝖈h𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖘, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎v𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝖆 𝖜𝖆y 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖊𝖓𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖘 𝖙h𝖊 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖉𝖔𝖒 𝖔𝖋 𝖔𝖙h𝖊𝖗𝖘." Nelson Mandela.

H A R R E N H A L

"Come quickly, Princess Aemma!" she heard Addam shout as he had just slammed a knight against the wall of the castle, who Aemma was sure would not only have a black eye, but also a broken nose. Aemma stared at the unconscious unknown man while clutching her little brother Aegon to her chest.

"Aemma, I'm scared," he confessed to her and her heart tightened. She bit her lower lip as she ran to Addam, who was waiting impatiently for her. No wonder he was panicking, they had just been on the run. Aemma turned around anxiously when she heard noises from behind. Had their escape been noticed? Had they come to get them back?

Had he come to get her back?

She looked desperately at the key in her hand that Helaena had given her earlier.

"You want me to escape?"

At first her aunt said nothing, just smiled. She looked sad, but determined, clearer as she had ever been.

"I want you to make a decision. There is only one way out, but two paths. The paths don't change your outcome, but they change the outcome of others."

After that, Helaena had left her alone. Alone with her fears, her doubts, her helplessness. She had given her a choice. An option. A possibility and now it was up to her to take it or let it pass.