̶(̶ ̶57 ̶)̶

H  A R R E N H A L

H A R R E N H A L

A𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖉 𝖜𝖆𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖉 A𝖊𝖒𝖒𝖆 𝖋𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖍 𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖔𝖔𝖗 𝖙𝖔 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖇𝖊𝖉𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖒𝖇𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖍𝖚𝖙

Dressed in innocent white, she stood there, tense and frightened, and Aemond felt helpless in her presence for the first time. She looked breathtakingly beautiful and she was finally his. And at the same time, she wasn't.

He stood still for a moment, doing nothing but watching her. He noticed her tense posture and clenched his teeth. Aemma stared at the bed in front of her and Aemond followed her gaze.

When he had forced her to marry him, he had lived in that moment. Her fear for the bastard Addam had made him furious with jealousy and he had given in to his instinct to claim her for his own. He had wanted revenge on Rhaenyra, what better way than to bind her beloved child to her enemy forever? He had seen it as a clever and cunning move.

Now he just found it rash and imbecilic.

The wedding had been torture for him and he had tried to ignore Aemma's tear-stained face. He'd threatened her with Addam's death and part of him had hoped she'd refuse anyway, to prove to him that she didn't care about the bastard. Or it would have proved to him that she would rather let someone die than marry him. But Aemma had tearfully agreed and he had wasted no time.

This wedding had no other purpose than to humiliate Rhaenyra and Aemma.

At least that was what he told himself, but Aemma had once been the only woman he had ever wanted to marry. Her status and the promise to Baratheon had prevented it then. This time he had taken what he wanted, because the reality was that he still desired Aemma. Her whole existence was torture for him. He couldn't imagine life without her, but her presence drove him to pure madness.

And now he was standing here with her. Before the final step that would officially seal the marriage before the gods. He had already had her, but the memory of her body beneath him had faded and he longed to feel her again. She, on the other hand, stood stiff and unresponsive before him, knowing full well what was expected of her.