̶(̶ ̶63 ̶)̶

H A R R E N H A L

H A R R E N H A L

A𝖊𝖒𝖒𝖆 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖆𝖑𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖉y 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖉 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖚𝖆𝖗𝖉𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖚𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖕𝖊𝖗 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖉

"Maybe he'll demand your head," one of them had joked, the others laughing uproariously.

"Maybe my lord husband will demand your head in return," she had replied, watching with satisfaction as his grin disappeared. Her enforced marriage sometimes proved to be quite useful after all. Aemond was known to show no mercy to those who opposed him. Aemma knew what she was talking about, she had experienced it first hand.

Aemma had expected Aegon's visit.

She knew him too well by now to know that he wanted to see his new possession. She just didn't know how he would feel about her now.

She watched as he hobbled into her room, grinning at her as she remained sitting on her bed. His wounds from the fight with Rhaenys Targaryen had healed, but deep scars remained.

"You used to be better behaved, Lady Rose," he said chidingly, and she didn't miss the fact that he was calling her by her old name.

Aemma saw no reason to get up. She was neither a servant nor his subject.

He sat down on a chair and ran his gaze over her body. "But you are still as beautiful as ever."

Aemma didn't bat an eyelid. "What do you want here?"

Aegon threw his head back, groaning. "How cheeky you have become." Then he looked at her again. "But you're lucky, I like naughty girls."

He winked and Aemma twisted her mouth. She crossed her arms over her chest. She could certainly imagine better company.

Aegon crossed one leg over the other and briefly grimaced in pain, as if the movement still caused him pain.

"Are you still in pain?"