̶(̶ ̶58 ̶)̶

H A R R E N H A L

H A R R E N H A L

A𝖊𝖒𝖒𝖆'𝖘 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖒𝖆𝖈𝖍 𝖌𝖗𝖔w𝖑𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖒𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖔𝖋 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖍 𝖋𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖉 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖓𝖔𝖘𝖊.

She hadn't touched breakfast and she expected an angry Aemond to storm into her chambers at any moment, but she was spared his presence. Instead, she spent the sunny day alone in her chambers, watching through her window as the Greens conducted practice matches or sharpened their weapons. The loneliness almost drove her crazy, but she longed for no contact with the people who wanted her family dead. 

She still couldn't believe what Aemond had done to her.

She had thought it was a cruel joke when he had asked her to marry him, waiting for him to start laughing at any moment, but no matter how long she waited, the desired reaction had not come.

"You can't be serious?" she stuttered, stunned. "That can't possibly be your desire."

"How do you know my desires?" His voice had been cold. His attitude dismissive. In desperation, she had reached for his arm and looked for a sign in his eyes that he was playing his cruel jokes on her, but Aemond's look showed her that this man had no mercy on her.

"We'll get married before sunset," Aemond decided, looking down at her unimpressed. "Unless you want to expedite the execution of your new friend."

The thought of Addam being alone down in the dungeons, not knowing if he would ever see the sunlight again, made her feel sick. He had been a good friend to her after Lucerys died and it broke her heart that he was only in this situation because he wanted to save her.

So she agreed to the marriage. There was nothing else she could do. Aemond seemed to have expected nothing less and so she had resigned herself to her fate. She still didn't know his motivation, but she knew he had no good in mind. Aemond's desire for revenge had not diminished and she wondered if his hatred for her would ever lessen. He didn't believe her, nor did he ever intend to.