̶(̶ ̶1̶9̶ ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

"𝖂𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖇𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖙 𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖕𝖘𝖊𝖘 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖉𝖌𝖊 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖓𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕳𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖍𝖆𝖑, 𝖒𝖞 k𝖎𝖓𝖌."

Aemond looked tired to Grand Maester Orwyle, and suddenly he felt life coming into him again. Burnt bodies? Orwyle had spoken to the king, but his gaze was on Otto, who looked intently at the old man.

A Grand Maester was the king's personal maester, a learned man wise in history, science, and medicine who also provides counsel. Aemond had always wondered why Maester Orwyle had been given this position, a foolish man with too much misogynism in him. Of course, he saw it as Maester Orwyle did that Rhaenyra had no place on the Iron Throne, but only because he followed the laws of his ancestors and he knew that someone like his half-sister, who trampled on honor and decency, had no right to sit there and not because he hated women in general. There was no one he respected more than his mother.

"Daemon Targaryen has been sighted nearby aboard with his dragon Caraxes. It suggests he did it. The type of fire is definitely from a dragon."

Why would Daemon burn four unknown men? It seemed unnecessary and risky.

"Now the Rogue Prince is killing innocent people, too? His madness knows no end," says Jasper Wylde, Master of Laws. "This is an abomination."

"Maybe it was also Rhaenyra who gave the order?"Orwyle said again with a touch of poison in his words. "She's like Maegor, only with tits. Now that she can squeeze her bastard back to her breasts, there's no stopping her."

Aemond watched his mother raise her eyebrow disapprovingly and Orwyle shrink in his seat. "Forgive me, my words, Queen Alicent."

"For Rhaenyra the iron throne is more important than peace," Otto interrupted. "She has now proved that. She has refused every offer of peace from us and we expect her attack at any minute."