̶(̶ ̶53 ̶)̶

H A R R E N H A L

H A R R E N H A L

𝕴𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 A𝖊𝖒𝖒𝖆 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖆k𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖌𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖉

At first she heard the iron slamming, the clash of swords against each other, before she saw Aemond who elegantly dodged Criston Cole's punches. His movements were effortless and graceful. Ser Criston's steps, on the other hand, seemed almost hectic and clumsy compared to his.

A memory flashed into her head, young Aemond, who had never been interested in martial arts, appeared. She had to admit, she was impressed with his development.

She could remember how her brothers and he had been taught together with Aegon by Ser Criston and Ser Harwin before it all went down the drain.

It wasn't the first time she'd seen Aemond fight. The only difference this time was that she could remember the boy hitting the straw doll on the battlefield, unmotivated and frustrated, not knowing what skills he would one day develop.

She wondered what Aemond was up to, letting her come to the training ground. Would he kill her after all? Had he changed his mind? She could no longer assess the man she had once loved. Aemond was suddenly like a different man. He looked like Aemond, smelled like Aemond, tasted like Aemond, but the look in his eye had changed. He had changed. She wasn't surprised, but it still hurt her.

She realized that she had not only lost a brother, a friend, a child and a dragon. Aemond was probably the most agonizing loss of all, because although she would never see the others again, she knew that they had loved her. She was no longer sure about Aemond.

Aemond made a deft move and Ser Criston lost his sword. It landed just a few steps away from Aemma.

"Brilliant performance as always, my Prince," Ser Criston said, bowing. Aemma rolled her eyes. He hadn't forgotten how to suck up after all these years.