̶(̶ ̶82 ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N DI N G

A𝖊𝖒𝖒𝖆 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖊d 𝖆𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖎𝖗𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖒𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖆𝖙, 𝖑𝖔𝖔k𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖈𝖔𝖑𝖉𝖑y 𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖊𝖗.

Goosebumps covered her body and she took a deep breath. She tried to stay calm and concentrate on what was happening. She couldn't lose control now.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" she asked and although she tried to sound calm, she heard her voice shaking. She wondered why she was so nervous, knowing that there was no choice but to face this situation. 

She couldn't show any weakness. She didn't just have to fight for herself anymore. She suppressed the urge to place her hand on her stomach.

This time everything would be different, she swore to herself. And if she had to set all of Westeroes on fire for innocent babies in her womb, she would do it.

Rhaenyra grimaced and one corner of her mouth rose.

"It's not what I want. It's what honor demands," she spoke calmly and the entire throne room fell silent to listen to her words. She sounded like a true leader, Aemma thought. Like a queen, made for the throne. "And honor demands that I defend my family from those who would harm us. That I defend the realm of those who would betray us."

That I defend my family from those who would harm us.

Aemma nodded. She didn't expect anything else. The last few weeks had made it clear. There was no other way, she knew that. Sadness seized her heart, but she no longer allowed herself to be weak. There was no room for weakness anymore. She would be strong.

"Alright then get on with it." She herself was surprised at how serious she sounded. How fearless. She wouldn't be intimidated anymore. She had made a decision and she was going to stick with it.