̶(̶ ̶2̶0̶ ̶)̶ PART ONE

K I N G S   L A N D I N G

𝕬𝖊𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖑𝖞 𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖘𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖉 𝕶𝖊𝖊𝖕.

While Aemond flew back on Vhagar, Aegon had been brought back in a litter. Saved from the eyes of the smallfolk. Sunfrye had been left at the battlefield, too badly injured to fly.

Although there had never been much sympathy between the two brothers, it had broken Aemond's heart to see his brother in this state. Severely injured, burned almost every part of his body, more dead than alive. Rhaenys and her dragon had hit them hard. Aemond expected it to be an easy fight. That Rhaenys didn't stand a chance against Sunfrye and Vhagar, but she did. Even though Aemond was ashamed, he believed that if he had only been alone in this fight, he might have lost it.

But they had won. Rhaenys and her dragon Meleys were dead.

Nevertheless, the price for it had been too high. Although it was a win, it was also a loss. Aegon and his dragon were badly wounded, and no maester could tell if he would survive the night.

His mother had burst into tears when she saw Aegon's condition and Aemond had embraced her in his arms. She had clung to him and wept bitterly.

"It's my fault, this is my fault," she said to herself and Aemond shook his head.

"No, this is Rhaenyra's doing."

Alicent didn't answer him. She looked for his wounds but was happy that he wasn't injured at all. Then she left for Aegon. Nobody except her and Otto were allowed to visit him.

Aemond realized that he had almost lost his brother today.

Suddenly he felt a fear he never thought possible, the fear of loss, and he realized that he loved his brother. He didn't like him, but he loved him. Aegon had always been someone he was ashamed of, but today he had fought like a true Targaryen.