̶(̶ ̶84 ̶)̶

D R A G O N S T O N E

7 -  M O O N S - LATER

𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝓂𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒽𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓅𝑒𝒶𝒸𝑒 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒾𝑔𝓃𝑒𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒦𝒾𝓃𝑔𝒹𝑜𝓂𝓈 𝓈𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝒜𝑒𝑔𝑜𝓃 𝒯𝒶𝓇𝑔𝒶𝓇𝓎𝑒𝓃'𝓈 𝓈𝓊𝒹𝒹𝑒𝓃 𝒹𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒸𝑒

Aemma called it seven months of uncertainty. Seven months of unrest. Seven months of turmoil.

Because even though Aegon was gone, and with him the band of men that remained, there were still men who murdered in his name. Not obvious, no one would be that crazy, but there were still voices against her mother and for the usurper.

She knew he was out there somewhere. She knew they would come again because she had not forgotten Aemond's last words. How could she when they kept coming back and haunting her dreams? Aemma closed her eyes tiredly and stretched her legs out. Her back hurt and she shifted back and forth in her chair, trying to find some position that would be somewhat comfortable to get through this ordeal.

"Are you okay, Aemma?"

Her eyes turned to Addam, who was looking at her worriedly from across the table. He had paused and looked at her.

Aemma smiled softly at him and nodded gratefully. "It's just difficult to sit with this giant ball," she said mockingly, pointing to her stomach, which was truly a giant ball.

Pregnancy with one child could be torture, pregnancy with two children was definitely torture, even if she was grateful that she was. It wasn't a decision she would have made at the time, certainly not, but with each passing day and with each movement she felt in her stomach, she knew she couldn't wait to hold her children .

"For me, women are the most beautiful creatures in the world, but I wouldn't want to trade places with you," he said and Rhaena, who was sitting next to him, raised her eyebrow.