̶(̶ ̶3̶8 ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖘𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖑𝖉 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖑𝖊𝖋𝖙 𝖆 𝖍𝖚𝖌𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖊 𝖎𝖓 𝕬𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖓𝖉'𝖘 𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙. 

A gap that would probably never close. He had wanted this child, he didn't care if it was legitimate because he would have let it happen that way. He would have legitimized this child and destroyed anyone who would have harmed it or Rose. But in the end it was he who had ruined everything. Aemond had made many mistakes, but he would never forgive himself for this mistake. He had wanted to protect her, but in the end he had hurt her.

He hadn't wanted to worry her, he had planned to tell her in a quiet moment, but then the Lannister army had been attacked and he had come along with Vhagar and the Baratheon army to destroy the Blacks. And with success. Their plan had worked. The Baratheon army gave them a gigantic advantage on the battlefield, and they had defeated Rhaenyra in this battle. It wouldn't be the last battle, but their superiority would intimidate the Black Queen, as the whore liked to call herself.

Aemond had won in battle and lost in love.

Contrary to his instructions, Cassandra had already left for King's Landing with his mother, which he tried to prevent. But he had been ignored and now there was a pile of broken pieces in front of him that he could no longer repair.

When the maester had told him that Rose had passed out, that the pregnancy and miscarriage had weakened her, he had been torn by guilt. It was his fault that she felt this way and he hated himself for it.

He stared down at her. All he could do was feel sorry for her. This woman had suffered so much because of him and no matter how hard he tried, he always managed.

"The maester has summoned me," Aemond announced. His voice was distant. "He says you're weak and sick and refusing to eat."

He had avoided her for weeks to give her the time she needed, but seeing her lying there made him realize how much he had missed her.