̶(̶ 2̶3̶ ̶)̶

D R A G O N S T O N E

𝕵𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖞𝖘 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖉 𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗'𝖘 𝖉𝖊𝖈𝖎𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘.

He had always followed her guidance, always defended what she did, and accepted it as it was. She set the course, and he followed.

But this time it was different. This time he questioned and challenged her decisions. He poked at his food, playing with the salad, no desire to shove even a piece into his hungry body. He had never been able to eat when something was bothering him. Jacaerys looked to Lucerys who avoided his gaze. They had not spoken since their conversation, and Jacaerys honestly did not know what to say to his little brother either. He was afraid of another argument. This girl, who everyone seemed to think was Aemma, only brought unrest and imbalance to this family. Why didn't anyone see what he saw? Why did they make him out to be the bad guy?

All he wanted to do was protect his family.

His gaze continued to wander to Daemon, who was staring into the fire. He often seemed absent in thought. It was as if he was thinking about the war every second. He did not blame him. The war was coming, it had been started by the Green side. They were surrounded by enemies and potential traitors, which brought him back to Rose. She didn't belong here. He didn't know her, no one knew her, and even if she was Aemma, there was no guarantee that she was on their side.

Why should he trust a stranger just because she was his blood?

By that logic, he would have to trust Aegon, Aemond, and anyone else.

"I'm done eating, may I remove myself from the table, Mother?" asked Jacaerys, and Rhaenyra looked at him in surprise. She looked at his full plate, quirked her eyebrows, hesitated a moment before nodding. He felt her gaze on his back as he left the room.

He decided to go see his dragon. Jacaerys felt he was the only one he could be himself with. Vermax stared at him as if it knew exactly what Jacaerys was feeling. No wonder, they both had a special connection. He walked up to his dragon and placed his hand on its scaly skin. Vermax gave a soothing growl and he smiled. He would love to take his dragon and fly far away.