̶(̶ ̶55 ̶)̶

K I N G S  L A N D I N G

𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕽𝖍𝖆𝖊𝖓y𝖗𝖆 𝕿𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖆𝖗y𝖊𝖓 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖇𝖊𝖊𝖓 A𝖑𝖎𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖙'𝖘 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖘𝖙 𝖋𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉. 

And when she was honest, the only one she ever had.

She had been a lonely, naïve, intimidated young thing who had always felt unloved due to the loss of her mother. Her father Otto had certainly loved her, but a man could never replace the maternal warmth she gave her child. He had tried, but it had never been enough.

Rhaenyra had not been a substitute for her mother. Not by a long shot. How could she, when she herself had been an innocent child who had no idea how cruel the world was to women. But Rhaenyra had been a friend to her. A confidante.

Her soulmate.

It hurt her all the more to see the look in her eyes as she stared down at her at that moment. Alicent didn't bother to get up when Rhaenyra entered her chambers. She neither respected Rhaenyra as queen nor did she see the reason for hypocritical shenanigans. They both knew exactly what the other thought.

"Have you come to kill me too?" Alicent asked coldly without looking at Rhaenyra and continued to stare out of the window that showed her the freedom she was denied.

"Or is my father's life enough for you?"

"Your father deserved to die," Rhaenyra replied calmly and sat down opposite Alicent. "He was a traitor. He robbed me of my throne. Just like you did."

Alicent's head rang to Rhaenyra.

"Your father changed his mind."

"You lie," Rhaenyra pressed out. "He could have had years, no, decades to change his mind and he didn't. Instead, he defended me with the last of his strength and spoke out against your dark machinations."