Our Little Family.

Greg restlessly stirred in his bed, slowly waking to sound of your 1 year old daughter, Poppy, crying out. He slowly turned to you, lightly running his fingers through your long [H/C] hair, as you slept soundly in the space beside him. He slowly rose from the bed, briefly glancing at the time. 6:27am. He smiled excitedly as he made his way out of the room and down the hallway to Poppy's room.

He gradually peered his head around the door, a huge grin instantly spreading across as his eyes landed on your beautiful baby girl, standing up in her cot, her little arms clinging onto the frame. She let out a giggle, lightly bouncing with excitement as Greg made his way towards her "Hello Pop" He beamed, scooping Poppy up in his arms. She giggled, wrapping her tiny arms around Greg's neck "Shh, Mummy's sleeping" He laughed as he pressed his nose lightly to hers "Let's go downstairs" He said, before turning and leaving the room.

Greg comfortably sat down on the sofa, with Poppy laid snugly across his chest. Greg smiled as Poppy's hand grazed his cheek, before working it's way up to his hair. He laughed lightly, as Poppy began to gently tug at his hair "You'll get lots of this soon" He said "It won't be this colour though" He smiled as he wrapped his arm around the back of Poppy "My god, You're growing so fast. You beautiful little thing" He murmured, as his smouldering brown eyes gazed attentively at your little girl "You don't get enough time with Daddy" He sighed heavily.

Greg knew he wasn't around enough for Poppy, He'd constantly been working unholy hours at Scotland Yard, and it was taking it's toll on him. He was tired all the time, and would spend most of his free time sleeping, which would cause him to miss out precious time with Poppy "But I promise you will. Daddy loves you more than anything. Daddy needs to stop working so much, so I can take you out on little adventures" He breathed, smiling affectionately as Poppy nuzzled her head into his neck "But 'll always be there for you. I'll never let you down" He paused, lightly stroking the back of her hair.

Greg could still remember the first time you told him you were pregnant, He'd never been so scared in his life. He was terrified he'd be no good as a father, he wasn't even sure he should be a father, until he held Poppy in his arms for the first time, and that's when he knew. His life had changed forever, He wouldn't change a thing about his life now. He'd never been happier.

"And I know you've got mummy, and Uncle John and Sherlock to look after you" He paused "Which, to be honest, I'm surprised Sherlock even does. Which reminds I should probably check with your mummy where he takes you on those walks of his. I'm not sure I entirely trust him" He laughed, his eyes peering down at Poppy, who was now fast asleep on him "But you'll always be Daddy's number one girl, never forget that" He said softly "What about me?" He looked up to see you stood by the doorway. He laughed lightly as you slowly made your way into the room sitting down beside him.

You tenderly placed your hand on Poppy's head, running your fingers through her soft brown curls "You're a close second" He smirked as his eyes locked with yours. You teasingly opened your mouth in horror "To think we could produce something so beautiful though" He said, embracing Poppy in his arms "I know. She loves you so much, She's a proper daddy's girl" He chuckled "She's got me wrapped around her little finger already. I'd do anything for her" He paused "And you" He said, gradually leaning into kiss you.

You smiled against his lips "I love you" You said as he pulled away "I love you too, (Y/N)" He smiled "And our a little family" He said, as wrapped his arm around you, you smiled affectionately at him as you nuzzled into the other side of him "Just one thing though" He said hesitantly "Yes..." You replied "Where does Sherlock take Poppy on his walks?" He asked, You laughed lightly, shutting your eyes "You don't wanna know"

_____________________________________________________________

Hey Guys. Sorry for not updating in a while. I recently broke up with my boyfriend, so wasn't really in the mood for writing all lovey dovey one shots. Sorry. Anyway, I know I've done a Greg/Child/Reader one before, but I just think their so cute. lol.

Hope you guys enjoy it. If you want to see anything specific in the next one shot, then please do comment want you would like to read. Like, for example- Greg going on a double date with reader and Sherlock and date. Idk. Just if you think of something, then drop it in the comments. Thanks for all the reads/comments/votes. x