Too Little, Too Late // Part 2.

You silently made your way back up the steps of 221b. Your heart searing with a burning pain that felt as though there was a gaping hole in the centre of it. How could you have been so stupid? You were a Holmes, Yes. And Holmes's were notoriously ignorant and clueless when it came to recognizing feelings of affectionate toward them. But this felt different. You felt broken, utterly broken.

A tear trickled down your cheek as you walked past Greg's bag discarded at the top of the stairs, reminding you of his presence a few minutes earlier. Only making your pain worse.

You slowly made your way back into the flat, and stood around the kitchen table where Sherlock and Mycroft were stood discussing a recent case. They both looked up at you, silent, with a look of concern on their faces "Where's Greg?" Sherlock said warily, his voice barely audible.

You froze for a moment, your eyes glued to the cup of tea Mycroft had made you on the table. You then growled in frustration and flung your arms across the table, sending the contents on top across the floor, making an array of noises as they smashed across the hard tiles. You then sank to the floor yourself, wishing it would just suck you up.

Sherlock and Mycroft stared at each other in bewilderment, completing unsure of what to do or say next. You rested your elbows on your knees, and buried your head in your hands, trying to muffle the sounds of your sobs so your brothers wouldn't hear "Sherlock, You need to go after Greg now" Mycroft said sternly.

You scoffed and lifted your head up from your hands "No, Mycroft. He doesn't" You groaned. Mycroft huffed and threw his hands up in the air "But he's clearly upset you!" He explained "BUT IT'S NOT YOUR PROBLEM!" You shouted. The room fell silent as the three of you just stared at each other.

Suddenly, the front door creaked open, and Molly Hooper awkwardly appeared from around the door "Oh... Urm, I'M- Sorry" Molly said as she looked around at the 3 of you- all of you looking like you were attending a funeral "It's good to see you again, (Y/N)" Molly said awkwardly, looking down at you on the floor.

You smiled up at her "You too" You mumbled. Molly cocked her head to one side and smiled affectionately at you "Why don't we go and have a chat?" She suggested. You gradually nodded and despondently got up from the floor, before showing Molly to your room, which surprisingly was still there, and hadn't been tampered with by Sherlock.

You sat beside Molly on your old bed, looking around at all your old possessions, soaking in all the old memories that the room held.

"Greg!" You squealed as Greg chased you into the room, shutting the door behind him. You giggled as he pressed his back against the door, taking a few deep breaths to steady his heavy breathing.

"Do you have to make so much noise?!" You exclaimed "Someone might hear us" You added. Greg arched his eyebrows in amusement "But nobody else is here" He murmured suggestively, biting his lip.

You bit your lip in response and Greg smirked at the small movement, before he made his way over to you. You giggled as he wrapped his arms around your waist and picked you up, you let out a quiet squeal as you loosely wrapped your arms around his neck and hooked your legs around his waist.

"Greg Lestrade, you are strong" You breathed, your forehead resting against his. He chuckled lightly "I am pretty fit, aren't it?" He replied smugly. You scoffed and shook your head, Greg then suddenly lowered you onto the bed, his body resting on top of yours.

"Oh, I'll show you fit" He growled, tugging your bottom lip between his teeth.

You felt a shiver shoot down your spine as you snapped out of your daydream "Are you okay?" Molly questioned. You gawkily looked over to her and nodded, She smiled affectionately "It's so good to have you back" She said and wrapped her arm around your shoulder.