Skeletons // Part 3 {Lestrade/Moriarty}

*Greg's POV*

Greg grunted angrily as he walked down the busy street with Sherlock tailing behind him "Lestrade, Where are you going?!" Sherlocked exclaimed.

Greg took a deep breath and promptly swivelled around to face his friend "I don't know Sherlock! But I need to look for her!" He snapped. Sherlock stared blankly at Greg "Why don't we go back to your house? There might be something there that will lead us to them" Sherlock exclaimed.

Greg scoffed and raked his fingers through his hair "Come off it Sherlock! Do you think Moriarty would be stupid enough to leave a clue behind?!" Greg exclaimed. Sherlock's lip twitched into a smile.

"No" He paused and looked intensely at Greg "But (Y/N) might" He said, his eyebrow raised in amusement. Greg stared at confusion at him "What?" He questioned. Sherlock groaned inwardly "(Y/N) has crossed paths with Moriarty before" Sherlock explained.

Greg furrowed his brow in confusion "But how?" He asked. Sherlock paused for a moment "I'm not sure. Let's go and find out" Sherlock paused, his eyebrows raised in excitement. Greg stared in bewilderment as Sherlock made his way down the street.

"Come along Lestrade" He said. Greg sighed and promptly followed him.

***

Greg stood over Sherlock, watching him closely as he sifted through boxes of your old stuff "What are you hoping to find?" Greg questioned, his hands placed firmly on his hips as Sherlock casually chucked papers and other things in your boxes over his shoulder.

Sherlock ignored him and continued to sift through the box, until he came across a folder that caught his eye. He paused briefly, held it up, and then flicked it open and began to scan the pages.

"University" Sherlock mumbled as he continued to read through the document in his hand "Sorry?" Greg said "University" Sherlock repeated "That's how they knew one another" He explained. Sherlock's eyes then widened as he came across an old newspaper clipping.

University student expelled for graduate job scam.

University student James Moriarty has been expelled and faces legal issues after he hatched an elaborate plan to secure a top graduate job. The computer science student spent months plagiarizing another student's work in hope to secure the job at UCB. Inevitably, Moriarty's intentions were discovered and he was immediately ejected from the University, and, as a consequence failed to graduate from his 4 year course.

"The other student was (Y/N)" Sherlock announced as he finished reading "So Moriarty want's to get revenge on (Y/N) for something he done?" Greg questioned. Sherlock shook his head "No, (Y/N) was the real fraud. She did this to him" He explained, pressing his finger against the file.

Greg's mouth opened in shock "Moriarty has every intention to crush her and has done for the last 10 years since this happened" Sherlock said. Greg felt his heart drop down to his stomach "She was going back there this afternoon" Greg murmured to himself.

Sherlock promptly looked up at him "What?" Sherlock said "The university" Greg paused and locked his gaze with Sherlock's "She went to do a seminar or something" He explained.

Sherlock instantly jumped up "I'm going to go over there" He explained "I'll come with you" Greg said. Sherlock shook his head "Stay here. (Y/N) will want you here. She may come back here" Sherlock said. Greg huffed "You ring me if anything comes up and I'll come straight over" He explained.

Sherlock nodded and promptly left the room. Greg took a deep breath and collapsed on the bed. Suddenly, his phone pinged in his pocket and he promptly fished it out. 1 New Message.