Dance {Teen Lestrade} // Part 2.

"Gregory Lestrade" Mr Daniels, your english teacher bellowed. Greg still didn't pay any attention, instead his gaze was still glued to you, sat obliviously at the front of the class "GREGORY LESTRADE!" Mr Daniels shouted louder this time. Greg jumped and instantly sat upright "Y-Yes Sir" He said. Mr Daniels quirked his eyebrows in amusement at Greg "What did I just say?" He questioned "You said my name sir" Greg replied, causing the room to erupt into laughter, which was quickly silenced by a glare from Mr Daniels.

A silence iced over the room for a few moments as Mr Daniels paced up and down the front of the classroom "Do you think you're smart, Lestrade?" Mr Daniels spat condescendingly "No" Greg mumbled back in embarrassment "Well maybe if you stopped staring at (Y/N) (L/N) and concentrated on your education, you would be!" He snapped back, sniggers filled the air as Greg looked down at his lap in embarrassment, his face the colour of a tomato "What a loser" He heard someone whisper behind him. Yeah Lestrade, What a loser. He thought.

-

The bell rang loudly throughout the building to signify the end of the lesson and Greg was relieved to get out of the classroom after his embarrassing encounter with Mr Daniels. He slowly stood up and watched everyone rush out of the classroom, whilst he hung back so he didn't have to face any of his classmates. He stressfully ran his hands through his hair and slung his bag over his shoulder, before he made his way out of the classroom.

"Lestrade" Greg unexpectedly heard Mr Daniels say as he appeared from the supply cupboard. Greg huffed, before he turned around to face him "I apologise for embarrassing you back there. I was trying to teach you a lesson, that's all." He said. Greg half smiled "It was my fault Sir." He replied. Mr Daniels laughed lightly "Excuse me for getting involved. But why don't you just ask her out?" He suggested "Who?" Greg said cooly. Mr Daniels chuckled "I think we both know who" He replied "Don't be afraid of rejection. You'll never get anywhere if you're afraid." He said.

Greg smiled and nodded politely at Mr Daniels, before he made his way out of the classroom. As Greg strolled casually through the corridor, he suddenly noticed somebody looking through their locker, the only other person in the corridor. He watched them as they gradually closed their locker after grabbing the books they needed, his heart stopping as his eyes locked with yours. You gave him a timid smile and he smiled back.

"Hey" He said shyly as he approached you "Hi" You said shyly "I'm... Sorry, if i was... You know, creeping you out in class. I didn't mean to stare" He explained, his cheeks a pale rose colour as he nervously bit down on his lip "You weren't. I didn't think that was very nice of Mr Daniels to embarrass you like that." You paused "And in front of the whole class too." You added. Greg laughed lightly and shrugged "I'm an idiot" He replied. You smiled sympathetically at him "I don't think you're an idiot." You said. Greg smiled affectionately at you "Did you want to come to prom with me?" He suddenly blurted out "I'm sorry. I...I... You don't have to, I was... I just thought that you... Well, you probably have a date already, so...".

Suddenly, you leant up and pressed a kiss against Greg's cheeks. Greg stood in complete silence as he stared blankly at you, his cheeks, once again, the colour of a crimson race car. "Yes, Greg Lestrade. I would love to be your date to the Prom." You said happily, before you quickly made your way down the corridor. Greg stood there in shock for a few moments, before a huge smile spread across his cheeks "I finally did it" He murmured to himself.

"Finally did what?" Greg gasped and promptly turned around to see his friend, John Watson stood behind him "Oh... I've got a date to the prom" Greg said, not being able to hold back his ridiculous smile "It's (Y/N) (L/N), isn't it?" Greg gasped again and promptly looked over his shoulder to see his other friend, Sherlock Holmes, stood behind him "Would you stop doing that?!" Greg exclaimed. Sherlock stared in confusion at Greg "Doing what?" He asked "Creeping up on me" He replied. Sherlock scoffed and looked over to John "Why? John just did it. Why can't i?" Sherlock questioned.

Greg huffed and rolled his eyes "Look, I've got to go. I'm really late for my next class." He explained "We all are. It's P.E." John explained. The three boys looked at each other for a moment "Back of the field" They all said together, before they made their way to their favourite spot for bunking lessons, P.E in particular.

-

Greg suddenly spluttered as a cloud of smoke blew in his face "For god sake Sherlock, you need to stop smoking!" Greg exclaimed. Sherlock laughed and shrugged carelessly "No, Lestrade. I don't." He replied bluntly "It helps me to think." He added "Yeah, think about your funeral after it kills you" John replied "Alright John. You're not a Doctor, so until then, I will continue to ignore you." Sherlock said. John scoffed "You'll still ignore me then." He said. Sherlock cocked his head to one side and nodded "Yes... I probably will." He said, matter of factly.

"So Greg, have you got any plans for this date of yours?" John questioned "(Y/N) (L/N), you mean?" Sherlock interjected. Greg sighed and rolled his eyes "Why do you always think you know everything?" Greg questioned "Well, Lestrade" Sherlock said patronizingly "Because I do" He added. Greg scoffed "Far from it" He said. Sherlock raised his eyebrows in amusement "But it is, isn't it?" He asked "What?" Greg said "Your date. It is (Y/N) (L/N)" Sherlock said. Greg huffed irately "Yes, it is. Not that it matters" Greg replied "It does. She's seriously hot" John said. Greg promptly shot John a glare "Just saying." He mumbled, breaking his eye contact from Greg.

"Maybe you could help me find a date to the prom." John said, quickly changing the subject. Sherlock stared at John in shock "I thought you were coming with me?" Sherlock questioned. John furrowed his brow "If I can't find a date myself" John replied "That's not what we agreed." Sherlock stated "Yes, it is. I did tell you that, but you obviously weren't listening." John said "Well, I'm not going to find a date, so you have to come with me. Especially if Lestrade's got one." He explained. Greg nodded in agreement "He's got a point you know" Greg said. John huffed and rolled his eyes "Fine, I'll go with you" John grumbled.

A brief silence fell over the conversation, before the three boys erupted into laughter.

***

*The day before Prom*

"Greg" You said shyly as you stood nervously behind Greg as he sat down studying in the library. Greg slowly turned around and a smile instantly spread across his face as he saw you "Hey, you alright?" He said, you nodded and smile awkwardly at him "Um, I just wanted to ask if you're still taking me to the prom" You paused "Because we haven't spoke much" You added. Greg gasped slightly and nodded.

"Of course... If you still want to go with me" Greg said as he stood up. You nodded "Of course I do. I really like you Greg." You said, suddenly not caring what you said or if you sounded stupid. Greg smiled affectionately at you "I really like you too" He murmured softly back, the delicacy of his tone making you feel all warm and fuzzy "I'll pick you up around 7:00pm, okay?" He said. You nodded shyly.

"I've got a few things planned to make your night special." He paused and smiled shyly at you "I hope you don't mind surprises" He said "My night?" You questioned. Greg smiled and nodded gradually "I'm taking to the prettiest girl in school to Prom. This is your night (Y/N), I'm going to make it special" He took a deep breath and paused "So everybody can see how beautiful and special you are." He said. Your cheeks instantly flushed at his words, How can a 16 year old boy be this perfect? You thought.

Greg slowly took your hand and grazed his thumb over your soft skin "Thank you for letting me take you to Prom." He paused, his smouldering brown eyes locked with your (E/C) ones. You chuckled shyly "Don't thank me. There's nobody else I would rather go with." You replied, Greg smiled uncontrollably, before he slowly leant towards you and pressed a delicate kiss on your cheek "See you tomorrow. I can't wait" He murmured in your ear. Your lips twitched into a smile "Me too" You said, an uncontrollable feeling of happiness surging through your body.

__________________________________________

Hey guys, so i have been super productive lately and managed to get this finished tonight, so i thought i'd upload it now. I wasn't actually planning on writing a 3rd part, but i couldn't stop writing this part and thought it would be too long for one part, so hopefully you'll be pleased to know that you are getting a 3rd part!

Thanks for all the comments and votes on previous ones. Hope you enjoy this. All the love.