Undercover // Part 2. {Lestrade/Moriarty}

You stood there in a complete state of shock, you were paralysed, you couldn't move, you couldn't speak, you couldn't think. Then suddenly, Sherlock slammed his fist against the desk, bringing you out of your state of confusion and back into the real world.

"YOU TOLD MYCROFT, DIDN'T YOU?" He roared. You took a moment to take in his words and a deep sense of relief overcame you as you realized you hadn't been caught... Just yet. "I... I might have mentioned something" You mumbled. Greg scoffed at your response and Sherlock shot him a glare "Lestrade, It's not funny! He always gets in my way! And he wouldn't have done in this case if you didn't mention anything!" He snapped, pointing his finger assertively at you. You huffed and threw your hands up in the air "I only said you working on a case!" You exclaimed. Sherlock growled and shook his head "Yes, but he can get his hands on anything if he wants to, especially when it's to do with me. He likes to think he's better than me" He huffed.

Greg hummed slightly and nodded "He is. He's already got a strong lead" he interjected. Sherlock turned to Greg and widened his eyes "What?" He said. Greg nodded and pulled his phone out of his pocket, before he handed it to Sherlock "Look" He said. Sherlock snatched the phone off him and studied the screen "It's a picture of a man" Sherlock stated. Greg laughed lightly and nodded "Yes, a man that has been at the scene of the last 3 attacks in London" Greg paused and briefly looked over to you "That can't just be a coincidence, right?" He questioned. You shook your head and looked over to Sherlock, who was still studying the picture on Greg's phone.

"Seems like an easy observation to make. Surprised you didn't spot that one Sherlock" You teased. Sherlock narrowed his eyes at you "He blends into the crowd well, take a look" He said as he passed you the phone. You looked down at the screen and your eyes widened as you found yourself looking at Jim, you felt your heartbeat pound against your chest as you studied the screen for a few moments longer, before you gave it back to Greg. Greg watched you curiously and cocked his head to one side "Do you know him?" He questioned. You promptly gave Greg a weird look "What? No..." You paused as you felt Sherlock's eyes on you and you knew he was deducing you, you had to say something "I recognize him" You explained.

Sherlock sat upright and looked intensely at you "From where?" He questioned. You shrugged "I don't know. His face just looks familiar, the tube, on the street. I've seen him before though" You explained. Sherlock briefly shut his eyes and rubbed his temple before he looked at you again "Think, you need to think" He said. You huffed and rolled your eyes "I am! Sherlock, I see so many different faces everyday, It's hard to pinpoint his" You exclaimed. Sherlock groaned inwardly and got up "Well, you better think fast. You owe me" He said as he walked past you and left the room.

"Sibling rivalry, eh?" Greg said. You gradually looked over to him and smiled slightly. Greg took a deep breath and leant back on his chair as you gazed over at you "Is something bothering you?" He questioned. You shook your head and smiled at him "No, i'm fine" You said. He nodded "Okay, well you know if you want to talk about anything. I'm only a phone call away" He said. You nodded understandingly "I know, thank you" You paused and slowly got up from the chair you were sat in "Anyway, I'm going to head back now" You explained "And no, I don't want a lift" You teased, Greg chuckled lightly "See you tomorrow Greg" You said as you left the room, closing the door behind you. Greg took a deep breath and ran his hand through his hair "Bye (Y/N)" He murmured softly.

***

You took a deep breath as you opened the door to your apartment. As soon as you entered, you saw Jim stood in the middle of the room, staring directly at the door, his eyes meeting you as you looked over to him "Hi" You said timidly, sensing anger on his expression. His lips slowly twitched into a smile, but the way he smiled at you unsettled you "Well..." He said, his voice coming out in an eerie whisper.

You shrugged, trying to give him the impression you were calm and collected, but you were far from it "They've got a picture of you. They know who you are" You explained. Jim stood quietly for a moment, before he briefly closed his eyes and took a deep breath "No" He paused and opened his eyes, his eyes now glazed with anger "They know my face" He said. You swallowed the forming lump in your throat as you watched Jim tightly curl his fingers into a ball "And how do they know my face?" He questioned.

You felt a bead of sweat form on your forehead as his eyes stared intensely at you "CCTV footage of you at all of the attacks" You explained. Jim's knuckles whitened and his jaw tightened as he looked at you "And how did they think to look at those attacks?" He questioned. You nervously chewed the bottom of your lip and shrugged. Jim huffed irately and stepped towards you "It was you, wasn't it?" He snapped as he gripped your wrist. You winced as his grip tightened as he grew more angry.

"NO.. No, I... I just mentioned to Mycroft we were on a case" You explained feebly. Jim scoffed "WE! You mean them, you're not on their side! You're not meant to be helping me, not giving them information!" He said, raising his voice slightly. "Jim, let me go. You're hurting me!" You winced. Jim scoffed again and forcefully let you go, causing you to fall to the floor in pain as you clenched your wrist.

"Go to the hospital" He spat "You need to get that checked out" He snapped as he ran his hands through his hair "What... What are you going to do?" You questioned. Jim huffed and threw his hands in the air "I'll have to do something to sort your mess out, won't i? Just get out of my sight!" He snapped "Sebastian! SEBASTIAN!" He yelled. Sebastian then quickly appeared in the room "Take her to the hospital now" He ordered. Sebastian nodded and made his way over to you to help you off the floor, before he escorted you out of the apartment.

***

You sighed despondently as you looked down at your wrist, now in a plaster cast. The doctor had found a hairline fracture on the bone and said you'd need a plaster cast for 3 weeks. You pulled your phone out and decided to text Jim quickly.

To: Jim Moriarty

Fractured wrist. Thanks babe. X

You quickly pressed send and shoved the phone back in your pocket, when the door opened and Mycroft Holmes walked in "How d-"

"Do you really need to ask me that?" He said smugly as he sat down in the chair beside the bed you were sat on.

"That's a nasty fracture you got there" He said, as he nodded down at your wrist "I'm clumsy" You said, laughing lightly. But Mycroft didn't even crack a smile "No you're not" He said, deadpan. You felt heat rise in your cheeks under Mycroft's intense gaze "It's funny, isn't it?" He said. You furrowed your brow at him and waited for him to continue "You see that picture of that man, indicating we've got a strong lead on this case and coincidentally you end up with a fractured wrist" He said "What are you suggesting?" You questioned "Oh, I think you know" He said, his eyes fixed on you.

"You intrigue me Miss (L/N)" He said, his eyebrows raised quizzically at you "I could say the same about you" You said. Mycroft chuckled "You can pretend to be this witty, intelligent girl all you like. But I can see how scared you are" He paused for a moment, before he suddenly leaned forward, causing you to gasp at his sudden movement. A smile twitched on his lips as he watched you flinch "See" He murmured. You clenched your jaw tightly as he just stared at you.

"Get out" You snapped. His lips twitched into a smile again as he ignored your plea and continued to watch you intensely "GET OUT!" You snapped. Mycroft chuckled lightly, and slowly got up, casually strolling over to the door. He then turned around, his eyes meeting yours again "I'll be see you very soon my dear" He said, before he left. You let out a deep breath as he shut the door behind him. The walls were slowly closing in you, you just knew it.

__________________________________________________________

hey guys, sorry it;s been a while again. had a pretty manic week, i sprained my ankle on wednesday, ended up in hospital and was bed bound for like 2 days. Then, on saturday, i went to Brighton for the day and they had a pride event on, so me and my friends checked that out and then just chilled on the beach for the rest of the day. so yeah been busy... just to update you on things but thanks for the votes/comments on the previous chapter, i hope you enjoy this one. 3rd part to come soon.

also, it's the sherlock convention next month in London. are any of you guys going?! i'm so excited to go again, met some amazing people last time, would be cool if some of you guys are going, could possibly bump into some of you guys! let me know in the comments!