Why?

It was a Sunday morning, and your favourite day of the week. The only day of the week you got to spend the whole day with your husband Greg, and your 3 year old son Freddie- completely undisturbed.

"Morning gorgeous" Greg said as he strode into the kitchen. You smiled over at him as you looked up from your paper "Morning" You replied "Where's Freddie?" You questioned. Suddenly, you heard the sound of tiny footsteps padding along the hallway

"Hi gorgeous!" Freddie chirped as he entered the room. You laughed to yourself and looked over to Greg, who watched Freddie affectionately as he skipped around the room "You better watch what you say around him now" You said.

Greg broke his gaze from Freddie and looked over to you "Why?" He questioned "Because he's at an impressionable age- I'm more concerned about what Sherlock says around him" Freddie's gaze instantly shot over to you at the mention of the name Sherlock.

"Uncy Sherlock!" Freddie squealed. You laughed lightly and rolled your eyes. Freddie absolutely adored Sherlock and if he could, he would spend every minute of his life with him- and you simply could not get over the fact that Sherlock was so good with him, when his interaction with humans was mediocre at best. They adored each other's company. It worried you slightly "He's busy today Freddie. You can stay at home with me and Daddy" You said. Freddie jumped up and down in excitement "Actually...." Greg paused and awkwardly bit his lip "I've got work to do" He added.

You huffed in annoyance and rolled your eyes "Greg!" You scolded "We said no work on Sunday's anymore" You added. He sighed and nodded in agreement "Just this once- I promise" He said.

You groaned inwardly "Fine- as long as you do it in the living room. Me and Freddie can watch a disney film while you work" You said. Greg gave you an unimpressed look, but knew it was no good arguing- you always won.

"Yay! Dizzy films!" Freddie cheered as he excitedly ran around in circles, his blonde curls springing around like little jack in the boxes "What do you want to watch?" You asked "Woody! Yee- Haaa cowboy" Freddie exclaimed. You and Greg both laughed "Come on then cowboy- let's put it on" Greg said as he picked Freddie up and put him on his back and began galloping around like he was a horse.

You laughed, and followed them into the living room.

***

You'd been watching Toy Story for around 45 minutes and Freddie was now more interested in watching Greg fill out paperwork- something which you found incredibly amusing. Greg, on the other hand, did not.

"Daddy" Freddie said, as he leant against the coffee table, the opposite side to Greg "Yes Freddie" Greg replied, his eyes glued to the papers in front of him as he carelessly scribbled across them "What you doing?" He questioned, probably for the 17th time in the past 10 minutes "Daddy's work" He replied.

Freddie stared intensely at him, as he cocked his head to one side "Why?" He questioned "Because I need to do it to do my job properly" He explained "Why?" Freddie questioned again. You bit down on your lip as you tried to stop yourself from laughing.

"Because then I wouldn't be able to do anything else" Greg explained "Why?" Freddie repeated. You watched Greg as he stressfully ran his hands through his hair.

"Because every time Daddy catches a baddy, he has to fill out some papers" Greg explained, as he looked up at Freddie. There was a brief silence as Freddie stared curiously at Greg "Why?" Freddie questioned, you then subconsciously burst out laughing.

Greg shot you a glare and you smirked teasingly at him before you averted your gaze "Mummy" Freddie said as he looked over to you, his crystal blue eyes, wide eyed and full of curiosity "Yes Freddie" You said "What laughin' at?" Freddie questioned "You, You funny boy" You chuckled.

"Why?" Freddie questioned. This time, it was Greg who chuckled and you shot him a glare "Because you are" You said "Why?" Freddie said again "I don't know Freddie- It can't be from your daddy, because he's not very funny at all" You replied. Your eyes wondered over to Greg as you flashed him a teasing smirk.

Freddie then got up and made his way around the table to sit next to Greg. Greg looked down at him and smile at him affectionately. He really was the spitting image of Greg, there was little of you, you could saw in him. It was all Greg- but you wouldn't have it any other way. You loved them both with every bone in your body.

"Daddy" Freddie said, as he looked up at Greg "Yes mate" Greg said "Are you funny?" He questioned, Greg nodded "Why?" Freddie questioned. You giggled again "Because I said so" Greg said. Freddie stared blankly at him for a moment, before he turned his attention back to Toy Story.

Greg took a deep breath and looked over to you "Who taught him that word?!" Greg exclaimed "What word?" You teased "Don't make me say it again" Greg said. You laughed and shrugged " Probably you" You said "I look forward to Sherlock's reaction when he gets the 'Why?' treatment" You laughed to yourself, making Greg laugh too.

"Daddy! Look!" Freddie said. Greg turned back around to Freddie, his eyes nearly popping out of their sockets as he looked down at Freddie's scribbles all over his paperwork "I done your work!" He exclaimed "Thanks buddy" Greg mumbled.

You subtly pulled your t-shirt over your mouth and began to laugh, but not so subtly enough as Greg turned around and narrowed his eyes at you "Freddie" Greg then said, as he turned back around to Freddie and whispered something to him. You watched in confusion as a devilish smile curled on Freddie's lips. He then let out an almighty roar, before he sprang up and charged for you, followed by Greg.

They both dived on the sofa and bundled on top of you. Freddie climbing on your chest, whilst Greg attacked you from the side, jabbing his fingers into your side, making you squirm. You squealed as both of them began to tickle you "Okay! Stop it! Now!" You squealed, wrapping your arms tightly around Freddie.

Freddie giggled and hugged you back, wrapping his arms around your neck "No more bundles" You said "Deal" Greg said breathlessly as he leant into the side of you, wrapping his arm around you and Freddie.

"Mummy, Daddy" Freddie said as he looked at the two of you "Yes Freddie" You replied together "Can we go see Uncy Sherlock?" He said. You and Greg both looked at each other with a smirk "If you promise us one thing" You said. Freddie looked at you, a confused look on his face "What that?" He asked "You ask Uncle Sherlock lots of questions" Greg said.

Freddie paused for a moment and cocked his head to one side "Why?" He questioned "Because we said so" You and Greg said together, laughing lightly "Okay" Freddie said, shrugging carelessly as he jumped off the sofa.

Greg then sighed "Looks like I won't be getting any work done today" He said, You laughed "Freddie's done it for you anyway" You replied. Greg nudged playfully "I could finish it if you take him to Sherlock's" Greg explained "But you wouldn't want to miss Freddie bombarding Sherlock with questions" You said.

Greg paused for a moment, before he quickly jumped up "You're right. I'll get my coat" He said, as he rushed through into the hallway. You laughed and shook your head, before you followed them into the hallway. 

____________________________________________________

Hey Guys. Another friday update for you. It's a little early, because Gogglebox (UK show) is back on and I'm so excited to watch it (So, not sad at all.. lol). So yeah...

Thanks for all the comments and votes on the previous one. And thanks for those of you guys who let me know where you came from! It's interesting to see where you guys are from. I can't believe people from America read my story. Crazy! Shoutout to my American readers. 

Anyway, Hope you enjoy this one-shot. And I hope you all have a nice weekend :)