Insecurities

You cheerfully skipped through the front door. You'd had another great day at work, You were currently going through a senior promotion, the hours you were working were horrendous, but you would be getting a considerable pay rise at the end of it- something, which would benefit yourself and your long term boyfriend, Greg Lestrade, who you'd just moved in with.

"Greg!" You chirped as you chucked your keys and bag on the side "In the living room" He grumbled back.

You walked into the living room and saw him slumped on the sofa. His eyes glued to the television and a bottle of beer in his hand.

"How are you? Good day?" You questioned. He nodded in response, his eyes not moving from the screen.

You rolled your eyes lightheartedly as you sat down beside Greg- He'd never been able to multi-task, it always amused you "When did you finish?" You questioned. You stared intently at him as you waited for a reply. Nothing.

"Greg!" You exclaimed, giving him a soft nudge. He promptly shook his head, seeming to snap out of his daydream and turned to you.

He looked worse than usual, dark circles under his eyes, deep visible frown lines on his forehead, his hair was sticking in every direction, he'd undone a few of shirt buttons and was slouched down in a slobbish way. Maybe he's had a bad day, You thought.

"Sorry, what?" He questioned. You rolled your eyes at his ignorance "Did you have a good day?" You asked again. He nodded and quickly turned his attention back to the television "You?" He questioned, before he took a sip of his beer.

You nodded in excitement, forgetting your previous worries about how Greg was.

"It was really good. The promotion is going so well. Stevan is helping me so much, spending so much time with me, really showing me how to get the hang of things..."

Greg felt tears build in his pupils, as you went on about how your day went- the constant mention of the name 'Stevan' felt like repeated punches to his stomach. He'd had an unnerving feeling you were cheating on him, and it was only getting worse as you got more into this promotion, spending more and more time with Stevan- more than necessary.

"Greg!" You exclaimed. Greg, once again, snapped out of his thoughts and turned his attention to you "Were you even listening?" You snapped, beginning to get irritated at how moody he was. Sherlock's probably said something to him, and he's taking it out on me. You thought.

Greg nodded "Yeah, you were talking about your promotion" He mumbled, as he scratched the back of his neck. You furrowed your brow at him "Do you want another drink?" You questioned as you looked down at his now empty bottle.

He nodded and you took the empty bottle from him, before you got up. When your phone beeped. You promptly pulled it out of your pocket. 1 new message.

From: Stevan

Hi (Y/N)- Just wanted to let you know I thought you done brilliantly today. It's been a pleasure spending time with you over the past few weeks. How about we go for a drink on Friday night? My treat this time.

To: Stevan

Hi Stevan, Thank you so much! You've been amazing. I'm so grateful to have you with me :) Friday night sounds great. We'll talk more tomorrow. x

"Who's that?" Greg questioned as you put your phone down on the coffee table. You smiled happily to yourself "Nobody- I'll just get you your drink babe" You smiled, before you cheerfully walked out into the kitchen.

Greg tapped his foot anxiously as he eyed your phone on the table. He then subconsciously lunged forward and grabbed your phone, swiping the screen to unlock the device and immediately opened your text messages.