The Car Journey.

You swiftly made your way down the road. It was cold, it was dark and you just wanted to be at home. You would have been by now if you had your car and didn't have to walk home from work. But unlucky for you, it was still in the garage awaiting repair.

You changed the song on your phone to something more upbeat, before you looked ahead of you and noticed a man in a baseball cap walking towards you. He then suddenly stopped and began to look up and down the road, but didn't cross.

A little alarmed, you quickly proceeded past the man and round the corner of the street. You then felt a chill run down your spine as you suddenly had an unnerving feeling that the man had begun to follow you.

You subtly shifted your gaze slightly and your unnerving feeling was confirmed as you saw a second shadow inches behind your own from the street lighting. You took a deep breath and swallowed the forming lump in your throat and began to walk slightly faster.

Your heart began to pound against your chest as you heard the man's heavy footsteps get faster in order to keep up with you. You daren't look back, instead you focused on getting away. Then, unexpectedly a car suddenly pulled up by the side of you and the driver wound down their window.

"There you are!" A voice from inside said. The inside car light then switched on and you saw a good-looking man with dark brown eyes, clear tanned skin and silver hair, which was pushed back and groomed nicely with hair product that gave it an extra shine "I've been trying to call you. Get in because we're going to be late for dinner now" The man added.

You stood there hesitantly for a second, before looking down the street. The man was still stood there on his phone, his gaze occasionally looking over in your direction. You then nervously looked back at the man, who was staring intensely at you. He then raised his hand and signalled with his fingers for you to come closer.

You nervously stepped closer to the car and leaned into the window "My name is Greg Lestrade. I'm a detective at Scotland Yard" He explained. You took a deep breath as he showed you his badge. He smiled warmly at you and you promptly opened the door and got in the car.

"You okay?" He murmured. You nodded and promptly buckled your seatbelt when you noticed the man slowly stroll past the car. You then nervously turned to Greg "You don't think he's going to do anything, do you?" You questioned. Greg shook his head "Not if I have anything to do with it" He murmured.

You smiled affectionately at him "Thank you. You didn't have to do this" You said "I kind of did. I do work for Scotland Yard" He chuckled lightly. You laughed too and felt a warm feeling surface in the pit of your stomach "You have really nice eyes" You said subconsciously. Greg laughed and smiled bashfully "Thank you" He replied.

Your eye's widened and you felt your cheeks rise in heat "Oh god. I'm sorry... We've only just met" You said shyly. Greg smiled affectionately at you "Don't apologise. What's your name?" He questioned "(Y/N) (L/N)" You said "(Y/N)" He repeated, causing a fuzzy feeling to surface in your stomach again as he said your name.

Greg then shifted his gaze to outside and you did the same. The man had now disappeared. You sighed inwardly and turned back to Greg again "Well, Thank you for letting me sit in here for a little bit. You're a lovely man" You paused and shyly looked down at your lap, before looking up at him again "It was nice to meet you" You said, before you turned around and went to open the door.

Unexpectedly, Greg grabbed your hand and stopped you from doing so "You don't have to go" He paused "And I wouldn't feel comfortable with letting you walk" He said. You smiled warmly at him, before you shifted comfortably back into the seat "You don't know where you're taking me though" You teased.