Rare Occasion

"Greg Lestrade" You paused and gave Greg an annoyed glance "Feet up" You said. Greg smirked at you, his hands behind his head as he casually put his feet up on the coffee table "Thank you" You chirped. You promptly hoovered the space under his feet, and once again huffed in annoyance as you caught a glimpse of Greg's hoodie bundled up on the floor in front of you.

You bent down to pick it up and in one swift movement, turnt around and launched it at Greg "ARGHHH! Greg, you're driving me crazy right now" You exclaimed. Greg laughed and chucked his hoodie beside him on the sofa "It's one day. I think you can put up with me being here for one whole day" He said, a teasing smirk on his face. Your eyes locked with his and you smirked back at him "You wanna bet?" You teased.

Today was one of the those rare occasions, Where Greg was able to spend the whole day at home and not even have to think about work. He'd been working non-stop recently and you'd barely see him, and had forced him to take a day off.

Greg chuckled and promptly sprang up from his seat "How long have we been together?" He questioned, as he leisurely strolled over to you- like a lion stalking their prey "4 years" He said, his eyebrow twitching in amusement "5" You corrected. Greg held his hands up in defence as he stopped in front of you "5 then" He paused "And how long is it going to take you to realize that you can't get anything done when I'm around?" He questioned, a playful smirk on his face as he leaned in and brushed his lips against your neck.

You laughed lightly "That's very true" You paused, and gently pushed Greg back slightly. He looked at you, a slightly wounded expression on his face as you went to speak again "But today is my cleaning day" You said "You have everyday to clean the house" Greg said "You may have forget something... Our son" You laughed lightly.

Greg's eyes lit up at the mention of your son "Speaking of which- needs picking up from Nursery" Greg said excitedly. Not only was today, a day off for Greg to spend time with you, but it was a day that he was able to pick up your 1 year old son, Samuel, from Nursery. He'd only started a few weeks ago as you were planning to go back to work soon, but Greg had missed all his settle ins and his first day due to work commitments and was absolutely gutted he couldn't be there for Samuel.

"Oh come on" Greg pouted "Can't we go now?! Please" He begged. You rolled your eyes and looked down at you watch "He'll be having his dinner now. Maybe in an hour or so" You said. Greg huffed and retreated back to the sofa "I've been waiting all day, (Y/N)" He sighed as he collapsed back onto the sofa.

You groaned inwardly- although with a hint of smile on your face. Despite Greg being an absolute pain today, and stopping you from doing almost everything you needed to do, you loved just watching him stare at the clock every 5 minutes, just waiting until it was time to pick Samuel up. "Fine- Let's go now" You said. Greg instantly sprang up again and cheered as he grabbed his hoodie and practically ran to the door. You chuckled and smiled affectionately, before you followed Greg.

***

"Here" You said, handing Greg your swipe card as he began to walk in front of you as you walked down the path to Samuel's nursery "What's it for?" He questioned, a confused expression on his face "The door- You need to swipe it to get in" You explained. He nodded and began to walk in front of you, a spring in his step as he made his way into the nursery.

Once you'd both entered the front porch- you could see Samuel wobbling around the room through a small window, babbling away to himself and clutching onto a small ball "Aw, Look at him" Greg mumbled, his gaze transfixed on his son. Suddenly, Samuel's gaze caught sight of Greg and he squealed in excitement, his arms flapping excitedly in the air as Greg waved to him. before he promptly swiped the card against the door and made his way in.

Before you even had the chance to let yourself in, the door had slammed shut and you watched Samuel run into Greg's arms, whilst one of the nursery nurses pointed out that you had been locked out. Greg scooped Samuel up in his arms, before turning to you. He laughed hysterically for a moment, before he stepped forward and opened the door.

"Ha ha- Very funny" You grumbled, as you grabbed Samuel's coat and bag from his peg. You smiled affectionately at him, as he began to babble in excitement as he looked over at you "Hello Little Man" You beamed, running your hand through his short blonde hair "Mummy and Daddy have come to get you today" Greg smiled, pressing a kiss to his forehead. Samuel squirmed and squealed at the small movement.

You laughed lightly and turned to the nursery nurse, who was stood, staring at Greg "This is Samuel's Dad" You announced, causing the young girl to break her gaze from him "Oh... Right, It's nice to meet you" Greg smiled, as the girl looked back over at Greg "How's he been today? Has he been okay?" Greg questioned.

The girl nodded, and began to explain what Samuel had been doing during the day, the whole time- Greg didn't take his eyes off her, a heart melting laugh escaped his lips as she explained he hasn't stopped saying daddy all day, and a heart-melting smile was permanently spread across his face "I've missed you" Greg said, as he pressed another kiss on Samuel's forehead "Let's get you home now buddy" Greg said. He then nodded politely to the nursery nurse before he made his way over to the door.

"See you next week" You said to the nursery nurse, as she went in before you turned your attention to Greg, who was stood, staring in confusion at the door "How do you get out?" Greg questioned, turning to you "Swipe it" You said patronizingly. Greg scrunched his face up at you as he swiped the door and smoothly pushed it opened.

You promptly snatched the card from his hand as you made your down the path "I'll take that back. Because you will lose it" You said, tucking it safely in your pocket. Greg looked over and smirked at you. You furrowed your eyebrows at him "What?" You questioned, Greg continued to smirk, before he spoke again "That girl thought I was hot" Greg paused "I bet she thinks I'm a dilf" Greg said. You laughed "Or she was shocked, because you look so old" You teased. Greg widened his eyes at you and nudged you playfully.

"Besides- You're my Dilf" You said, Greg smiled suggestively at you. Suddenly, Samuel shouted a load of babble, making Greg laugh "Yeah, you tell him, Samuel" You said. Greg laughed again and looked affectionately over at you "You know something" Greg said "What's that?" You questioned, looking over at Greg "I'm taking more days off from now" Greg said, wrapping his arm around you "I don't get enough of this" He said, as he huddled you and Samuel closer to him.

_________________________

Hello Guys. Another Friday upload for you. I hope you enjoy this, I quite enjoy writing cute little families ones- I hope you enjoy reading them. What would you like to see more of in the future? Let me know in the comments and I will start brainstorming some ideas for any suggestions.  

Anyway- Thank you for all of the reads/comments/votes on the previous chapter, It means a lot. Loveee :)