The Night Out.

"Greg! Hurry up!" You yelled "I can't do my tie! Come and help me!" Greg yelled back. You huffed and rolled your eyes, before you made your way back upstairs.

You entered your bedroom to find your very flustered boyfriend attempting to put on his tie "Do you even need a tie?" You chuckled lightly. Greg looked over to you, leant against the door, watching him in amusement "It's dress to impress" He said "Even Sherlock and Mycroft are wearing ties" He added.

You laughed lightly and made your way over to him in the room "Come here" You said as you grabbed his tie and pulled him closer to you "I never wear a tie, I hate them" Greg moaned. You smiled at him in amusement "It's only for one night. Look, I'm done" You said, fixing his collar. He smiled and lightly kissed your forehead.

"Have you got the card and present?" You questioned. Greg nodded. You were going to a friend's fancy birthday party in Mayfair tonight. You or Greg weren't the sort of people to normally go to these sorts of places, but you rarely ever went out anymore due to your work commitments and fancied a night out. It was more of an excuse to go out really, neither of you actually wanted to go.

You smiled affectionately at Greg and pressed a kiss to his lips "You look great" You said. He smiled and slid his arms around your waist "So do you" He paused and brushed his lips against your neck "Maybe we should go to more of these fancy places if you dress like this" Greg purred in your ear, sliding his hands down the chiffon material of your peach coloured dress.

"That almost sounds like an insult, Gregory. Do I not dress nicely normally then?" You said, playfully prying his hands from your waist "W-what? No... No It wasn't an insult, I-" You laughed, before you pressed your lips against his again, stopping him from talking. He smiled against your lips as you gradually pulled away "I'm teasing. Let's get going anyway. We're already late" You said.

***

You held onto Greg's arm as you entered the function room where the party was. It was a vast room, with high ceilings and old baroque style architecture, making it look classier than it probably was. The room was full of people, all in conversation over drink and party food. Several round tables were positioned around the edge of the room, with white table cloths and a variation of blue decorations on the tabletop, at the end of the room was a bar, and running right down the middle was a mahogany dance floor, glowing from disco lights whilst horrendously cheesy pop music blasted in the background.

"Lestrade!" Greg turned his attention to a table to his right, where he saw Sherlock waving frantically at him. You followed his gaze and saw Mycroft sat next to him. Mycroft nodded in your direction and beckoned you over with a regal wave. You smiled, before you made your way over to him with Greg.

"Hello Sherlock, you alright?" Greg questioned as he sat down beside him "(Y/N)" You broke your gaze from Sherlock and Greg and looked over to Mycroft, who was sat down casually opposite from them "Sit" He said, pulling out the chair next to him. You sighed and rolled your eyes "I'm not a dog, Mycroft" You stated as you sat down beside him. Mycroft smiled in amusement at your comment.

He then smoothly leant into you and pressed a light kiss to your cheek "How are you?" He questioned "Good thanks, and you?" You questioned. He nodded, casually resting his arm on the back of your chair "I'm very well thank you" He replied. You smiled fondly at Mycroft. You'd always liked Mycroft, you'd known him much longer than you had Greg, in fact Mycroft was the reason you met Greg. You'd met Mycroft whilst at university.

"(Y/N)" You looked to see Greg staring over at you "Do you wanna drink?" He questioned, You nodded and promptly got up "Excuse me" You said to Mycroft as you got up. Greg smiled at you as you linked your arm through his and made your way over to bar "Hello (Y/N)" Sherlock said, You looked over to him, not even noticing he was the other side of Greg, before you smiled politely at him "Hey, how are you?" You questioned "Good thanks. You look very pretty tonight" He said.