Chapter 2

Pilot

"You know breaking and entering is very illegal, right?" I move to catch up with Dean as we walked through Sam's dark apartment. 

"Really?" Dean threw me a look over his shoulder. "I had no clue."

Dean pushed open a door and we walk into the kitchen. I stumble back when someone jumped out and tackled Dean. He spun around, fighting back. The two stumbled through the room and into another until Dean had him pinned to the floor. 

"Whoa, easy, tiger." Dean says. 

"Dean?" Sam asked, making the elder brother chuckle. "You scared the crap out of me."

"That's 'cause you're out of practice." Dean shrugged. Sam then was able to flip the two over, pinning Dean to the floor. "Or not. Get off me." 

Sam stood, pulling Dean with him. "Dean, what the hell are you doing here?"

"Well, I was looking for a beer. " Dean shook Sam's shoulder before dropping his hands back to his side. "Picked up a hitchhiker on the way." Dean smiled, nodding toward me.

"Actually, he sought me out." I correct, moving toward the brothers. "I don't hitchhike."

"Hey, Saige." Sam smiled.

"Nice place." I tell him.

"Oh, come on, Si." Dean set an arm around my shoulder, giving me a squeeze. "I'm just messing with ya."

"What the hell are you two doing here?" Sam repeated slower this time. 

"Okay, alright. We gotta talk." Dean tells Sam. 

"Uh, the phone." Sam suggested.

"If I had called, would you have picked up?"

"Sam?" A feminine voice called as the light flicked on.

I look over to see a blonde woman, taller than me, standing in the doorway. She wore a low-cut Smurfs shirt and underwear. Her eyes were tired, she'd just woken up.

Sammy's got a girlfriend! 

"Jess." Sam says. "Hey." he looked back over at Dean and I. "Dean, Saige. This is my girlfriend, Jessica."

"Wait, your brother Dean?" Jessica asked.

"Hi." I step forward, my hand extending to shake hers as I ignore the way Dean looked at her. "Nice to meet you." 

"You too." Jessica smiled at me, releasing my hand.

"I love the Smurfs." Dean smiled, making a hand gesture. 

I cross my arms over my chest, shifting uncomfortably as I look to the floor. 

"You know, I gotta tell you, you are completely out of my brother league." Dean walked toward Jessica.

"Just let me put something on." Jessica turned to leave, but stopped when Dean continued.

"No, no, no. Wouldn't dream of it. Seriously."

"Dean, don't be rude." I remind him, grabbing the sleeve of his coat and pulling him away from her. 

"Anyway, I gotta borrow your boyfriend here to talk about some private, family business. But, uh, nice meeting you." Dean smiled, letting me drag him back toward me. 

"No." Sam says, moving to Jessica's side. "No, whatever you wanna say, you can say it in front of her."

"Okay. Um, Dad hasn't been home in a few days." Dean tells Sam. 

"So he's working overtime on a Miller time shift. He'll stumble back in sooner or later." 

Sam was not getting the hint. I thought it'd be obvious just by Deans presence that something was wrong. Dean had given up on reaching out to Sam.