Chapter 38

A/N: Hello, everyone! I meant to ask at the end of the last chapter, but how are we feeling about the story so far? Did I do good at the last two chapters? Was Dean's POV okay? It felt weird and I was nervous. Any predictions? Any thoughts? 

Anyway, thanks for reading! Goodbye!

"...Mom?" I asked, shocked. 

"Sweetie, how are you?" She asked as if she hadn't been absent since I was three years old. 

"Si?" Dean asked, suddenly kneeling in front of me. "Is everything okay?"

I didn't answer. I couldn't. I couldn't form words. I tried to say something, anything. 

"Saige? Saige, are you still there?" My mother asked. 

"Why--why are you calling?" I asked. 

"Because I thought it best to contact you first." Laura replied. "How is Rick? And Jake?"

"Dad and Jake are fine." I say. "Not that you'd care."

"Oh, that's how it is?" She asked. 

A part of me recoiled at that. I know her words or her judgmental tone shouldn't bother me, but they did. I had to stop myself from apologizing, thought I knew I had nothing to say sorry for. 

"I'd like to meet up, if that's alright. I thought maybe you would be the most forgiving and open to meeting up. You always were such a sweet little girl." Laura continued. 

I knew I was too forgiving. Well, I did once my dad had to have a talk about it with me when I was 16. I just wanted everyone to be happy, I wanted to please everyone. 

"Honey? What time would be best?" She asked as if I had already agreed. 

I don't want to meet with her. But another part of me wanted answers, wanted to look her in the eye and demand to know why she left. I wanted to scream and yell at her, to let out all the pent-up anger I never let myself feel. 

"I...I'll call you back." I stuttered, snapping my phone shut.

"Si?" Dean's voice pulled me back to reality. 

"It was my mom." I whispered. "She wants to meet up."

"Well, you don't have to. You know that? You don't owe her anything." Dean set his hands on my knees, gazing up at me. "You don't have to do anything you don't want to."

"I know." I nodded my head. 

"Why don't you get some sleep, think about it later. Hmm?" Dean suggested. 

"Yeah. I think I'll do that." 

Dean stood, leaning down to press a kiss to my cheek. "Goodnight, Si."

"Dean?" 

"Yeah?"

"Will you...Will you stay with me?"

Dean just watched me for a few moments, and I was scared he'd say no. He nodded his head then. "Yeah, I'll stay with you."

I crawl into bed, nerves growing in my stomach as Dean slid into bed beside me. 

"Come here." Dean says quietly.

I move closer, resting my head on his chest. Dean wrapped his arm around me. 

"Thank you, Dean." I whispered. 

___

I woke up to the sound of a phone ringing. I bury my head further into the pillow, hating the annoying sound that woke me from a peaceful sleep. I then felt strong arms around me, keeping me from moving but so much.