Chapter 43

Nightmare 

A part of me didn't expect Millie to actually be waiting in my room, but she was. I drop my bag of snacks on the table. "You know, my original plan was to eat a tub of ice cream and watch Pretty Woman." 

"Richard Gere was so hot in that movie." Millie stood up. "But no. You may not do that. At least not yet."

"You know, the boys are waiting for me. We have to...work on some stuff for Dean's job." I lied, hating myself for it. 

"Good thing I don't give a shit about Dean's job." Millie shrugged. 

"So what exactly am I going to be doing?" I asked as she shoved me into a chair. 

"You are going to look sexy and tease Dean. But subtly, of course. We don't want to seem like we're trying too hard." Millie grabbed her makeup bag. 

"How do I do that?" I asked.

"...Just do what you did when you were dating, and you wanted him to bang you."

"Um, I don't think those things are appropriate." 

"I didn't think they would be." Millie sighed. "It's fine. I'm like the little devil on your shoulder and I love that."

"This is going to be a long trip, isn't it?" I asked.

"Maybe." 

___

"Are you sure this isn't too much?" I asked, looking in the mirror. "I mean...Do I look like a hooker?"

"No. And if someone says you do, they are paying a lot of money for hookers." Millie tells me as I met her eyes in the mirror.

"So I'm an expensive hooker?"

Millie shrugged. "A million-dollar hooker." 

"That's still a hooker." 

"Listen, Saige, I know you're hesitant, but look." Millie set her hands on my shoulders. "Look at yourself and tell me you don't look good. You'll feel better. You don't look like a hooker."

I do as she says. My hair was curled, my lips painted red, I still wore a cross around my neck. My nails matched my lips. I wore a black dress that Millie had brought from her closet. It hugged every curve perfectly and stopped mid-thigh. The neckline was quite low, but not too low. 

"I look...I look good." I say. And I feel good too. 

"See? Look, I know it may seem like it, but this plan isn't just to get with Dean. You look great and you feel better because of it. And if you ever stop feeling hot, come back and we'll eat ice cream and watch Pretty Woman." Millie tells me. "Because this is what I'm here for. God knows you've been there for me." 

I turn around, hugging my friend. "Thank you, Mills." 

"You're welcome. Now go. Be confident, be sexy." 

___

There were knots in my stomach when I pushed open the door to the Winchester's motel room. Dean sat on the bed, cleaning a shotgun. Sam stood at the wall, tacking another paper to it.

Dean looked up at the sound of the door. "You're not possessed again, are you?" 

"No." I laughed a little. "Just wanted to look nice. Just got back from a date." 

Millie said to lie if I had to. And, boy, was she right. I did love the look on Dean's face when I said that. He looked as if I had just slapped him. Shocked. 

I knew it was wrong of me, but I really like how that one little lie made him feel bad. 

I grab the holy water from the bag on the table. I pour some on my arm. "See? Not a demon."