Chapter 53

Hell House

Dean unlocked the door to the motel room where the running shower could be heard. I stepped inside, a small laugh falling past my lips as I turned to face him. He was just looking at me. 

"What?" I asked, smiling.

Dean had a smile of his own on his face as he watched me. "Nothing. Just...I love it when you laugh." 

I rolled my eyes, shoving his shoulder. "You're an idiot." 

Dean laughed a little. "I mean it." He says, tossing the keys on the table before moving to the foot of Sam's bed where his clothes sat. "Hey, we're back!"

I sit on my knees on the bed, facing Dean as he ripped open the packet of itching powder. 

"Hey, where were you two?" Sam called back.

Dean poured the itching powder on Sam's boxers. "Uh, just out. Saige and I were....Making out in the car."

"We were not." I whispered.

"Just go with it." 

"Well, uh, I think I have a theory on what Mordechai might be." Sam called out.

"Oh, yeah?" Dean asked. 

"What if he's a tulpa?" Sam suggested. 

"A tulpa?"

Suddenly the bathroom door opened, and Sam walked out with only a towel covering his lower half. Dean spun around to face his brother. "Yeah." Sam says. "A Tibetan thought form." 

"Yeah, I know what a tulpa is." Dean scratched the back of his neck. 

"Hey, why don't you get dressed. We'll go get something to eat." Dean moved toward the bathroom. 

Honestly, a part of me felt bad for what Sam was about to endure but he also didn't warn me about the prank he pulled on Dean so maybe revenge for not telling me so I didn't go deaf wasn't a bad thing.

I back toward the door, slipping out. 

___

Guilt gnawed at me as I watched Sam shift around uncomfortably as he walked. 

"Dude, what's your problem?" Dean asked as if he hadn't been the cause. "Oh, here's you coffee, Si." He held the cup toward me.

"Thanks." I lean up to press a kiss to his cheek. 

"Nothing, I'm fine." Sam tells us. 

"Alright, so keep going." Dean says as we walked toward a table and sat down. "About these tulpas?"

"So there was this incident in Tibet in 1915. A bunch of monks got together and visulized this golum in their heads. They meditate on it so hard, they bring the thing to life. Out of thin air."

"So?" Dean asked as he raised the cup of coffee to his lips.

"I love how we don't even bat an eye at stuff like that." I remarked as Dean placed an arm around the back of my chair. 

Sam scoffed. "That was twenty monks, imagine what 10,000 web surfers could do." He pulled out his laptop. "I mean, Craig starts this story about Mordechai and it spreads, goes online. Now there are countless people all believing in the bastard." 

"Okay, wait a second." Dean says. "So you're trying to tell me that just because people believe in Mordechai, he's real?"

Sam shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "I don't know maybe." 

"People believe in Santa Clause, how come I'm not getting hooked up every Christmas?"

"Because you're a bad person." Sam replied instantly.