Chapter 49

A/N: Before we get into this, please everyone I need you to promise me no matter what, you'll stick around. Okay? Do I have some raised hands or a 'I promise'? Good, you may continue. Hehehehehehehehe

Have fun

Also there's a link to this book's playlist on my profile. There are some extra songs I think fit. If you can think of any others that you think fit this story drop them in the comments and I'll add them. 

Now you may have fun

Shadow

With my buzz now completely killed and a mild headache setting in, I was stuck doing research. 

Yay. 

"Si?"

I glance up over the book I had in hand to look at Dean. "Yeah?"

"You feelin' okay?" He asked.

"I'm feeling sober." I say, trying to hint to him that I still meant everything I had said. "And like I was stabbed two weeks ago." 

"Well, isn't that just great?" He reaches for his cell phone, dialing Sam's number. 

"It is." I smiled. 

"Let me guess, you're lurking outside of that poor girl's apartment, aren't you?" Dean asked Sam, pausing for a reply. "You got a funny way of showing your affection....Sorry, man. She checks out. There's a Meg Masters in the Andover phone book. I even pulled up her high school photo. Now, look, why don't you go knock on her door and invite her to a poetry reading or whatever it is you do. Huh?"

I laughed a little, shaking my head. 

"Yeah, that I did have some luck with." Dean tells Sam after a few moments. "It's, uh, turns out it's Zoroastrian. Very, very old school. Like two thousand years before Christ. It's a sigil for a Daeva...Translates to demons of darkness. Zoroastrian demons. They savage, animalistic. Nasty attitudes. You know, kind of like demonic pit bulls."

"I love that analogy, Dean." I tease. 

He shot me a look, holding up his middle finger. 

Why don't you do it yourself, I thought. But I held back the comment. 

"Give me some credit, man." Dean says to Sam. "You're not the only paper chaser around here." He paused, shrugging as if Sam had a point. "Alright, I called dad's friend Caleb. He told me. Anyway, here's the thing, these Daeve's, they have to be summoned, conjured."

Dean paused as Sam replied once more. "Yeah, that's what I'm saying. And, uh, from what I gather it's pretty risky business too. These suckers tend to bite the hand that feeds them. And the arms and the torsos....Well, nobody knows. Nobody has seen 'em for a couple of millennia. Summoning a demon that ancient, someone really knows their stuff. I think we got a major player in town. Now why don't you go give that girl a private strip-o-gram."

"Dean Winchester." I hissed. 

He winked at me. "No, bite her." Dean tells Sam, making me roll my eyes. "Don't leave teeth marks though. Just enough to--Sam?" He moved his cell from his ear once realizing Sam hung up on him.

"Great advice, Dean. Just wonderful." I laughed a little. 

"I know it is." 

___

After doing a little more research for the case, I decided I should probably leave. We had found a few more things about the case and I felt like I needed a well-deserved nap. 

I cleared my throat. "Well, I should probably head back to my room. It's...I mean, I, uh--"

"Unless you want to stay...for a while or something." Dean suggested with a shrug. "We could, I don't know, watch a movie if you want."