Chapter 42

A/N: Hi! You know, at this point any time I put a note anywhere, it should be a red flag for all of you. Anyway, uh, so I would like to say please don't murder me. That's it for today, folks. 

Nightmare

Turns out, I am the single dumbest woman to ever walk this entire stupid planet.  

I have not slept since I learned that fact. Well, I sleep maybe an hour or two, but for the most part. 

You might be asking, 'why, Saige, do you think you are so stupid?'

The answer is simple. 

I actually thought for a moment that Dean and I were going to get together again. I actually thought that after everything that happened when we were helping Cassie was going to mean something. I actually thought we'd have a conversation that would lead to....other things. 

But no.

No, no, no, no.

Dean and I did what we always do.

Yep, you guessed it. We pretended like it never freaking happened. 

Now I lay on the couch of a motel room because I refuse to my close to Dean and they didn't have any more rooms available, so I had to stay with the brothers. I glance over to see Dean sleeping peaceful.

He is such a dick. 

God, I hate him. 

I hate it even more than I can't actually hate him. 

I hate myself for wanting to crawl into bed beside him. I hated that so far my move on from Dean plan wasn't working.

Suddenly, Sam shot up, drenched in sweat. He got out of bed. "Dean." He says, flicking on the lamp.  

"Sam?" I asked, sitting up.

He grabbed his brother's arm, shaking it. "Dean."

Dean groaned as Sam stood, moving to pack up his stuff. Dean rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand. "What are you doing, man?" His voice was raspy from sleep. "It's the middle of the night." 

I hated the way the sound of his voice made me feel. I drop my head back down onto the pillow. 

"We have to go." Sam says. 

"What's happening?" Dean asked, propping himself up on his elbows. 

"We have to go right now." Sam says again.

I stand up, grabbing a hoodie from on top of my bag. I pull it over my head. It fell to mid-thigh, covering the shorts I wore. "I'll just get dressed later." I grabbed my bag and pillow, heading for the door with Sam. 

___

"McCreedy. Detective McCreedy." Sam says to whoever he was on the phone with.

"Eyes ahead, boys. I'm changing." I tell them as Sam lists off a bunch of facts for whoever was on the other end. 

I pull my arms out of the hoodie I was wearing to put a bra on first. I then pull the hoodie off, followed by the thin tank top I wore. I then slip out of the shorts I wore, leaving me in nothing but a bra and underwear. 

It was silent as Sam waited for a reply on the other end of the phone. 

I dig through my bag, pulling out a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I was the only one out of the three of us still in pajamas. 

Then I felt eyes on me. 

I almost completely froze. I knew for sure it wasn't Sam looking at me. That only left one person. I felt Dean's gaze burning through my, lighting me on fire from the inside out.