Chapter 13

Bloody Mary

"Alright, say Bloody Mary is haunting this town, there's gotta be some sort of proof. A local woman who died nasty." Dean stated as we walked through the local library.

"Yeah, but a legend this widespread, it's hard. There are hundreds of versions of who is she. One story says she's a witch, another says mutilated bride, there's a lot more." Sam argued. 

"Okay, then look up 'local witch who died nasty,' or 'local mutilated bride who kicked the bucket,' or whatever dumb saying you two will come up with next." I shrugged. 

"What are we actually supposed to be looking for?" Dean asked as we round a corner. 

"Well, every versions got a few things in common." Sam replied. "It's always a woman named Mary, and she always dies right in front of a mirror."

"That should narrow it down." I nodded my head. 

"So we gotta search local newspapers, public records, as far back as they go." Sam continued. "See if we can find a Mary who fits the bill." 

"Well, that sounds annoying." Dean remarked. 

"Oh, come on, you'll have so much fun." I smiled up at him. 

"Will I?" Dean asked.

"She's right. It won't be so bad. As long as we..." Sam trailed off as he looked over at the computers. 

I follow his gaze to see that there were slips of paper taped to the screens reading, "Out Of Order."

"You were saying, Sam?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

Sam scoffed. "I take it back. This will be very annoying." 

___

"Stop it." I hiss quietly at Dean as we sat by the window the our motel room.

"What, I'm not doing anything." Dean feigned innocence as he nudged my knee with his foot again. 

"You are insufferable, Dean Winchester." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, you love me." 

I scoffed, opting for not replying to that statement. 

"Oh, come on, Si, don't be mad." Dean nudged my leg again. "It's fun to mess with you. You get all flustered, it's cute."

"I do not get flust--" I was cut off by the sound of Sam gasping. He had fallen asleep on one of the two beds beside me. Dean and I let him rest while we tried to find out who Bloody Mary really was. 

Dean looked over at his brother.

"Why'd you let me fall asleep?" Sam asked softly, eyes trained on the ceiling. 

"'Cause I'm an awesome brother." Dean replied, looking back down at the book in his lap before looking up again. "So what'd you dream about?" 

"Lollipops and candy canes." Sam says. 

"Yeah, sure." Dean nodded. 

Sam looked over at us. "You find anything?"

"Well, Dean found a new button of mine to push, other than that not at all." I sighed. 

Dean smiled at me before replying, "Besides a whole new level of frustration that I can only rid myself of by annoying my dear, dear friend Saige here, no." He tells Sam. "I looked at everything." He shut the book in his lap. "A few local women, a Laura and a Catherine, committed suicide in front of a mirror. And a giant mirror fell on a guy named Dave. But, uh, no Mary." 

Sam breathes out a sigh, dropping his head back onto the pillow. "Maybe we just haven't found it yet." 

"We've also been searching for strange deaths in the area." Dean continued. "You know, eyeball bleeding, that sort of thing. There's nothing. Maybe whatever's happening here just ain't Mary."