Chapter 36

A/N: Hi! I am here to let you all know that this chapter doesn't follow the plot of the next episode. (That will be in a few chapters because I have drama of my own to stir up) Anway, I wanted to give you all a little warning that from this point on the drama will be picking up as if we poured gasoline on a fire. So have fun because there will be lots of tension, drama, plot twists, yada, yada, yada. So I would like you lovingly ask you to all be patience and not kill me. (Yes, that goes to all of you saying you want to fight and/or stab me. I get it, but if you do, you won't get what you want. You need me alive. So... please let me keep my breathing privileges.) Goodbye!

I lay on my back, staring up at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep. It was too quiet. The TV in this room is busted so now I'm just lying in the dark.

Faintly, I heard the door to next motel room shut. That's Dean's room. He's just now getting back? I glance at the clock. The glowing green numbers say 1:34. 

I roll over, trying not to scream into my pillow at the next sound I hear. A woman's giggle. 

Dean had picked up a woman at the bar. 

I throw the covers off of me, planting my feet on the cold floor. Nope. Not tonight. Not any night. I will not be listening to this through the paper-thin walls. No, thank you. No. I am not. 

I slip on my shoes, grabbing my jacket. 

I walk out the door, slamming it shut behind me. 

I knew I should've gone home. I knew I shouldn't have stuck around. I should've had Dean drop me off at my house. I continue down the street, slipping my arms through my jacket. 

I felt tears brim my eyes. 

God, why did this have to affect me so much? Why do I even care anymore? No matter how many times I tell myself that I don't care anymore, that I know he's not mine, that I tell myself we're over and that's fine, this happens. 

Dean and I were over, and I couldn't change what happened. I couldn't change the fact that I screwed it up. I couldn't change the fact that I was too similar to my mother. I couldn't fix this anymore. I feel so stupid for letting him walk out of my door all that time ago.

I mean, come on, it's been two and a half years. Why am I still hung up on him? Why can't I get over him?

Why does the thought of another woman's hand all over him make me so angry? Why does knowing that right now his lips are on another woman's body make me want to jump off of a cliff? Why do I still care? Why can't I get over it? Why? 

I slow to a stop as the wind picked up around me. I look around, crossing my arms over my chest. 

I could've sworn I heard something. 

___

Dean's POV

The phone rang and rang before going to voicemail for the fifth time. I hadn't seen Si since yesterday and I was starting to worry seeing as she wasn't answering the damn phone. 

I toss my cell onto the bed, running a hand over my jaw as I pace back and forth.

"I'm sure her phone's just dead or something." Sam tells me. I shot him a look.

"She doesn't let her phone die." I state. "I have never once known her to let her phone die." 

"Okay, well, maybe she lost it." Sam suggested with a shrug as he look away from the laptop. "She'll show up sooner or later. Oh, and while you were...out last night, I found a job."

"I ain't going anywhere until I know where the hell Saige is." I say. "Give me your phone. Maybe she's pissed at me." 

"She doesn't answer the phone when she's mad?" Sam asked. "That doesn't sound like--"