Chapter 33

Faith 

"I'm just saying, you need to--if only once--get back with Dean." Millie says as she filled up her glass of wine. 

"I am not going to do that." I sighed. 

"You know, Saige, you're my friend and I love you, but if you don't call that man up and tell him to come over. Wait for him to get here in literally no clothes, then bang him, I will." Millie pointed at me. "He is very bangable."

"And you're very drunk." I state. 

"Doesn't change the fact that you should be seducing him." 

"I am not going to seduce him." 

"Even your own father wants you to seduce him." Millie waved her hands around.

"No, he said that he wants me to be happy." 

"And if you being happy means getting in Dean Winchester's pants...." 

Before I could reply, my phone rang. Millie snatched it up before I could grab it. 

"Oooh, it's loverboy." She smiled. "Shall I answer and tell him how much you want him to come over and undress you?"

"No, give me my phone." I dive at her.

Millie was quick even in her drunken state and moved away in time. "Ah, you admit you do want him to undress you."

"Occasionally, yes, but that is neither here nor there at the moment." 

"Fine, be boring." Millie tossed me the phone.

I sighed, raising the phone to my ear. "Hey, Dean." 

"Saige?" Sam says.

"Sam? Why are you calling on Dean's phone?" I asked.

"I tried you on mine, but it said the number out of service." Sam replied.

"Oh, yeah. I got a new phone. Sorry." I tell him. "What's up?"

"It's Dean..." Sam began.

"Do I need to bail him out of jail?" I asked with a sigh.

"No, Saige...he's dying." 

My heart stopped and dropped to my stomach as my cell fell from my hand and crashed to the floor. 

I knew one day I'd get this call, but I prayed it never came. I knew one day Dean wouldn't walk through my door, wouldn't answer my call. I knew that this was inevitable, but my heart shattered into a thousand pieces. 

___

I ran through the hospital, tears streaming down my face, heart hammering against my chest. I wanted to yell, to scream, but nothing happened. 

Mille was running behind me. She decided to tag along. 

I felt as if I couldn't breath, as if my world had caved in. 

"Saige, you're here." Sam sighed once we reached him. "He's been asking for you since he woke up."

"What--what--what are the doctors saying?" I stuttered out. 

"They give him a month tops. His heart's damaged, massive heart attack. He wanted me to leave town. He thinks he's gonna die." Sam says.

"No." I sob. "Please, Sam, we can't let him die." 

"He won't." Sam promises. "We'll figure this out."

I push forward, wrapping my arms around Sam. "I shouldn't have left." 

Sam returned the hug. "It's not your fault." 

I pull back after a few seconds. "Where is he?"

___