Chapter 26

Home

The door opened and Jenny stood before us with Richie in her arms. "Sam, Dean, Saige. What are you doing here?"

"Hey, Jenny. This is our friend Missouri." Sam gestured to her.

"If its not too much trouble, we were hoping to show her the old house. You know, for old times sake." Dean shrugged.

"You know, this isn't a good time." Jenny says. "I'm kind of busy."

"Listen, Jenny, it's important--" Dean was cut off by Missouri slapping him in the head.

"Give the poor girl a break. Can't you see she's upset?" Missouri asked. "Forgive this boy, he means well but he's just not the sharpest tool in the shed."

I patted Dean's arm. "Sorry, buddy."

"But hear me out," Missouri continued.

"About what?" Jenny asked.

"About this house."

"What are you talking about?"

"I think you know what I'm talking about. You think there's something in this house, something that wants to hurt your family. Am I mistaken?" Missouri asked.

"Who are you?" Jenny asked.

"We're people who can help. Who can stop this thing. But you're gonna have to trust us just a little."

___

"There's a dark energy around here, this room should be the center of it." Missouri stated as we walked into a room with walls painted blue. The room felt heavy, dark. I didn't like it.

I moved to the other side of Dean, further away from the closet.

"Why?" Sam asked.

"This used to be your nursery, Sam. This is where it all happened." Missouri replied.

I slip my hand into Dean's, stepping closer.

Missouri continued to wander around the room as Dean clicked on the EMF detector.

I slid my hand up his wrist to the crook of his arm, giving it a squeeze.

"That a EMF?" Missouri asked.

"Yeah." Dean nodded.

"Armature." Missouri remarked. "What about you, Saige? What do you feel?"

"Feel?" I asked, laughing a little. "I feel, I don't know, like I'm looking for a ghost or something."

"Sweetie, you don't know?" Missouri asked as she wander around. "

"Know what?" I asked.

"You feel it, don't you? You're like me." Missouri stated.

"I'm what? Like, a psychic, mind reading, whatever?" I asked.

Missouri nodded her head. "Yes."

I laughed. "Okay, sure."

"So there no instances where you can sense something bad or good? Or visions? Glimpses of things? Nightmares? You never hear other people's voice in your head?" Missouri asked.

"Okay, I mean, yeah, I get vibes from stuff but I'm a hunter. It's instinct. And the voices, that's just my conscience." I shrugged.

"You hear voices?" Dean asked.

"Just, like, certain people. Every once in a blue moon." I shrugged. "I've learned to block it out. It was worse when I was a kid. They were...everything was so loud."