Chapter 57

Provenance 

"This is your own fault." Sam tells me, totally trying to ruin my buzz. 

"I know that." I tear my eyes away from Dean and the girl he was flirting with. "But it doesn't mean I can't complain."

"Saige, if you hadn't insisted on waiting until everything calmed down, you wouldn't be in this situation. You can't complain because it's your fault." Sam laughed a little before looking back down at the papers he had. 

I huffed. "I can complain." 

I heard Dean laugh, and I really wanted to stab him. 

"I need another drink." I stood, leaving Sam with his newspapers and the task of finding a job. I make my way to the bar, ordering another drink. Then another, and another, and another, and another. 

I downed shot after shot until I felt like I could breathe again. And with that, and another shot or two, I made my way back to Sam. 

"So what are we today, Dean?" Sam asked. "Are we rockstars? Are we army rangers?"

"Reality TV scouts looking for people with special skills." Dean laughed. "I mean, hey, it's not that far off, right?"

"Oh, that poor girl actually believed you?" I asked, laughing as I leaned against the table. 

"How much have you had to drink?" Dean asked.

"Uh...maybe just a little....Okay, a lot. I am so drunk right now." I giggled. 

"Well, why don't we slow down a bit, huh?" Dean took the shot glass from my hand. 

"Hey." I complained, leaning against him as I reach for it. 

"By the way," Dean looked at Sam as he held the glass just out of reach. "She's got a friend over there. I could probably hook you up. What do you think?"

"Dean, I can get my own dates."

"Yeah, you can, but you don't." Dean argues. 

"Give it back." I smack his arm.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sam asked. 

"Nothing." Dean shook his head as he sat down.

I huffed, moving to stand in front of him. "Give me my drink back now."

Dean only looked at me amused. "And if I don't?"

I crossed my arms over my chest, glaring at him. "I'll--"

"You'll do what, sweetheart? Huh?" Dean teases. 

"Just give it back." 

"No. You don't need anymore."

"Why not?"

"Because you can hardly stand straight." 

Then an idea popped into my head. If I wanted my drink back, I just needed to distract Dean long enough to grab it. So I did the only logical thing a girl could do. 

I kissed him. 

Seriously, I just leaned forward and kissed him. 

Which is a win-win for me seeing as I just ruined his 'date' over there and I got my drink back. 

For a second, he kissed me back, lips moving against mine until I pulled away. I smiled at him before downing my shot. 

"Thanks for that." I patted his cheek, glancing over his shoulder at the girl he was just flirting with. I probably shouldn't feel such a swell of pride as I did knowing that I just ruined his plans, but I do.