Chapter 58

Provenance

Dean and I had decided we wouldn't take things further than making out, but I soon realized that I wasn't quite sure where the line would be drawn. How far could we go before it was no longer considered just making out? 

I also soon realized it was a bad day to choose to wear something as simple as a sundress. It was far too thin, far too easy to slip out of. But this was only for tonight. After this, Dean and I were going to go back to friends. It's only one kiss....Well, mostly. 

Regardless, I now see there was a large flaw in my plan. I had forgotten how hard it becomes to control yourself after a point. How hard it is to reel it back in, to not cross that line. 

So now as I straddled his hips, feeling his fingers brush down my spine as his lips moved against mine, I had a vague sense that it was time to stop this before it went too far, before things slipped beyond my control. But damn did lack of control feel good. 

Dean's other hand was on my thigh, thumb brushing over the inside of my leg. My dress was now hiked up and hardly covering me, but I couldn't bring myself to pull back. 

Between kisses, I said, "Dean, we should--we should really stop." 

"We've been saying that for the last half-an-hour." He replied, sitting up a little more. 

"I know." I breathe, kissing him again.

"What happened to stopping?" He whispered as he began kissing along my neck again. 

"I may or may not have lied a little." I replied, moving my hands from under his shirt to his shoulders so I could push him back down onto his back. As I slipped my hands back under his gray long sleeve shirt, I felt his hand on my thigh slide further up.

I trail my lips over his jaw, down his neck, pressing my lips to his Adam's apple. I pause, unsure of what to do when I felt Dean's hand on a place he hadn't touched in a long time. I was fighting with myself. Do I stop this now? 

"Si?" Dean asked gently, sliding his hand back down my leg. "Too far?" 

"No. No. It's just...It's okay." I decide, pressing my lips back to his as I reach down to grab his wrist. I move his hand back up, a whimper suppressed by his lips as he touches me. I let go of his hand, sliding it back under his shirt.

I run my fingers over his toned chest and abdomen. In one swift movement, Dean flipped me onto my back, moving his lips to my neck as he positioned himself over me. His hand was still between my legs, stroking me through my underwear. I bite back a moan, hands catching the sheets. 

A knock on the door made us both still. 

"Guys? Is it safe to come in?" Sam's voice made me roll my eyes. 

Dean groans, dropping his head to the crook of my neck. "Man, I am going to kill that dude." 

I laughed softly as Dean rolled off of me, clearing his throat. I sat up along with him, grabbing a pillow from behind me and placing it over his lap.

"You--You can come in." I called out, shifting uncomfortably. I am almost one hundred percent sure that Sam thinks we got back together because of last night when in reality all we did was argue. 

I wish Sam was right. 

___

"So she just handed the providences over to you, huh?" Dean asked as he sat at the foot of the bed, sharpening a knife. 

Sam had gotten back form his date and changed out of his suit, which gave Dean and I some time to...cool down. 

"Provenances." Sam corrected.