Chapter 51

Hell House 

I hum along to Fire of Unknown Origin by Blue Oyster Cult song on the radio as I sat in the backseat of the Impala. Sam was asleep in the passenger seat while Dean drove. 

I glance up at Dean. Every time I look at him, I'm reminded of how stupid I am. For the second time in my life, I let him slip between my fingers. And not in the fun way you may be thinking. In the I'm a total idiot for ever thinking that waiting until things calmed down to get together again was a good idea way. 

Who let me make that decision? Seriously, who? I would like to fight them. 

"Dean...?" I speak up.

"Yeah, sweetheart?" He glanced back at me.

I lean against the front seat, avoiding Sam's head since he was asleep. I rest my chin on Dean's shoulder. I run my hand down his arm until my hands reached his. I pick at the cuff of his leather jacket. "I had another nightmare."

"Same one?" He asked, glancing at me. 

"No, this one's new." I whispered. "I...Dean, I can't sleep. I'm scared."

"It's alright, Si. I'm sure they're just dreams." Dean turned his head, pressing his lips to my temple before looking back at the road.

I nodded my head, though I wasn't sure if I fully believed it. The ones I was having now...They were horrible and I prayed to God they weren't going to come true. 

I just kept getting flashes of Dean covered in blood, barely breathing, then ones of him lying in a hospital bed with lots of different tubes and wires hooked to machines.

He was dying.

I shake away those thoughts, focusing on something else. Like how Dean tapped his fingers against the steering wheel to the music. He glanced over before grabbed a plastic spoon. 

He turned slightly. "Grab the wheel for me." Dean whispered. 

I slid over a little, reaching over his shoulders to grab the steering wheel as Dean pulled out his cell phone. He smiled a little, placing the plastic spoon between Sam's parted lips. 

I smiled a little, shaking my head as Dean snapped a photo of Sam. He smiled, winking at me before he set one hand back on the wheel. 

He brought his other hand up to caress the skin of my wrist before I pulled my hand back to me. 

Dean had the dorkiest smile of his face as he nudged my arm with his elbow. "Sing with me." He reached out, turning the radio up loud. 

I rolled my eyes as he sang along to the lyrics as Sam jumped away. Sam swatted at the spoon, spitting it out as Dean and I laughed a little still singing along. 

Dean tapped his hands against the steering wheel with the beat of the song. 

"Ha, ha." Sam says, turning the radio down. "Very funny."

Dean laughed, and the sound made me warm. "Sorry. Not a lot of scenery here in east Texas, kinda gotta make your own." 

"Just stare at Saige like normally do." Sam muttered. "Man, we're not kids anymore, Dean."

"Honestly, I feel as if you two still carry childlike traits." I say. "Especially Dean." 

"Hey." Dean complained.

"We're not gonna start that crap up again." Sam stated. 

"Start what up?" Dean asked, though he knew exactly what Sam was talking about.

"That prank stuff, it's stupid. And it always escalates." 

"I think it's kind of funny." I shrugged.